• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AStar TA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Roadshows are done. The ratification vote for the membership opened last friday and closes this tuesday. It is expected to pass by a very large margin, due to the fact that both MEC and Negotiating Committees support the new agreement.

Roadshows are done. The ratification vote for the membership opened last friday and closes this tuesday. It is expected to pass by a "very large margin", due to the fact that both MEC and Negotiating Committees support the new agreement.

Will it pass, yes, a "very large margin" I am not so sure about.

Nice Try Fightthfuture!

I am confused about the job protections in our TA. the company can't furlough or surplus us and will guarantee growth through airplane purchases, UNLESS Astar buys an airline with 25 aircraft.

We bought a pig in a poke! We agreed to drop our scope lawsuit-which in my mind means we gave up our most important job protection and for what? For nothing Astar will buy ABX and the furlough protection is gone and so is our scope. If we vote for this TA we will have settled for substandard to average pay, no scope protection and no job protections.

VOTE NO
The only pilot group I know that "surpluses" pilots is ABX. Why would you not want us to vote yes?

Your right....he is not Astar. You can tell by his first post. If he was Astar, he would know instantly that erwaz's claim of 70+ 737's was crap. He wouldn't have had to even think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaz
rumor has it that their are 70+ 737-700s and 767-300s (unknown amount) that Astar has their hands on. Also Astar's POI has placed a 767 inspector on the staff.

You need to work on your sarcasm skills :) Someone may have thought you were serious, like I did, until I re-read your post and saw Astar was buying 700's. There is no cargo mod for the 737-700 (their too short, and too expensive). Unless Daz plans on converting them to BBJ's.

Now here's some sarcasm: Did you here Daz just got a line of credit from a German Bank? Yeah I heard he was going to buy 90 airplanes -767's, DC-8's and DC-9's. I wonder where he's going to get them?

Last edited:
Yo, airbus, I think maybe your sarcasm skills are off...that one stinks of the truth, one way or another.

correction for erwaz

Your right....he is not Astar. You can tell by his first post. If he was Astar, he would know instantly that erwaz's claim of 70+ 737's was crap. He wouldn't have had to even think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaz
rumor has it that their are 70+ 737-700s and 767-300s (unknown amount) that Astar has their hands on. Also Astar's POI has placed a 767 inspector on the staff.

You need to work on your sarcasm skills :) Someone may have thought you were serious, like I did, until I re-read your post and saw Astar was buying 700's. There is no cargo mod for the 737-700 (their too short, and too expensive). Unless Daz plans on converting them to BBJ's.

Now here's some sarcasm: Did you here Daz just got a line of credit from a German Bank? Yeah I heard he was going to buy 90 airplanes -767's, DC-8's and DC-9's. I wonder where he's going to get them?

While there is no "mod", Boeing does make a -700 freighter. This from the website Freighters Online:

THIRD generation Boeing 737s are Boeing’s current production models and comprise the 737 Series 600, 700, 800 and 900, collectively known as the Next Generation 737s.
The 737 Series 700 was the first to fly on February 9, 1997, followed by the 800 on July 31, 1997, the 600 on January 22, 1998, with the 900 being the last to make its maiden flight on August 3, 2000.
Customers can order new Boeing 737 Series 900s, 800s, 700Cs and QCs with blended winglets or have them retrofitted.
Of the four major variants only the Series 700 can be operated in freighter configuration. The Boeing 737 Series 700C is Boeing’s first new factory-built 737 freighter since the 737 Series 200C was launched in 1966.
The main difference between second and third generation aircraft is the newer variants’ larger, more refined wings; greater fuel capacity; and a new, wider fan version of the CFM56 engine.
Boeing has also changed the tailplane, cockpit, cabin and undercarriage. These improvements give the Next Generation 737s a 1670km (1,040 miles) longer range than earlier models; increase cruise speed from Mach 0.745 to Mach 0.785; and maximum cruise altitude from 11280m (37,000ft) to 12500m (41,000ft).
Boeing launched the civil Boeing 737 Series 700C and QC variants on February 3, 1998, on the back of an October 1997 order from the US Navy for four military aircraft. Nine C-40As had been delivered by mid-2006, and the service plans to acquire 23 of the aircraft. Known as C-40A Clippers, the aircraft can be operated in all-passenger, all-cargo and combi configuration, and began entering service in 2001.
The civilian Boeing 737 Series 700C first flew in April 2000 and received US FAA certification that August. Boeing delivered the first in September 2000 and the first 737 Series 700QC in October 2001 to Saudi Aramco. The aircraft has a 3.40m x 2.08m (134in x 82in) unobstructed main deck cargo door opening and the strengthened wing, fuselage centre section and undercarriage of the heavier 800.
It can carry eight 2.24m x 2.74m (88in x 108in) or eight 2.24m x 3.18m (88in x 125in) pallets on its main deck and up to 27.3m3 (966cu ft) of cargo in its lower hold. Boeing also offers an optional ‘magic carpet’ lower hold loading system for bulk cargo.
The Boeing 737 Series 700C is designed for operators with seasonal passenger requirements. With six engineers, it takes about five hours to change the aircraft from passenger to freighter configuration and six to change back. The QC has palletised seating, allowing operators to convert the aircraft between passenger and cargo modes in about an hour. It is therefore well suited to daytime passenger and night-time cargo operations.
In early 2006 Boeing began initial studies into developing a freighter version of the Boeing Business Jet based on the Series 700C. Known as the BBJ C, the aircraft would retain the 3.40m x 2.08m (134in x 82in) side cargo door of the 737 Series 700C but would have auxiliary fuel tanks and winglets as standard.

And these are the specs for it:

Max Take Off Weight (171,000lb)
Max Landing Weight (134,000lb)
Max Zero Fuel Weight (126,000lb)
Structural Payload (41,420lb)
Useable Volume (4,221ft3)
Fuel Capacity (6,875 USG)
Wing Span (112ft 7in)
Length (110ft 4in)
Height (41ft 2in)

FAJ

Latest resources