• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar Future Plans?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See how nicely this thread got hijacked?

Sorry, no hijack intended. Just saying that coming to Astar should or should not be too much of a gamble for the reasons discussed. I'm outie.....

Come on, you know it was bound to happen. At least it is still loosely on the the original topic.

or will they want control of everything that comes in between, such as air ops and sort?

Years back, we did a great daylight RPS run involving LAX and DFW, maybe a few other cities as well, but when FedEx bought RPS, they picked up all the flying in just weeks. Actually, I was surprised it took them that long to take it over. I wouldn't imagine them running the show any differently now.

Back to the original purpose of this thread, if you have a way back into your old gig if things don't work out with Astar, then it sounds like a pretty good opportunity. If you feel a bit lost continuity-wise after only three weeks, then what's the difference between three years and eight on the panel? That's entirely up to you to decide.

Last edited:
didn't know Astar had one:rolleyes:

We don't. But as long as the hate mongering a-holes keep talking about the supposed deficiencies of our operation in the most hateful terms, I see no reason why we should not try to defend ourselves in your public venue.

FAJ

Hello All,

I have a pending job offer from Astar for the May 5th class. Seems like a good company with quality people. I can deal with the first year pay cut, but I'm really worried about the upgrade time. A few years on the panel is no problem, but 8-9 years, Ouch! I can't go 3 weeks without flying and not notice the difference. So far no luck finding something part-time corporate. Any Astar folks who can give any insight regarding new(er) airplanes, expansion, re-fleet, etc. would be much appreciated. I read most of the older posts so I have some idea what's going on.

Thanks

Hey PM, your biggest problem is not Astar it is DHL. Hitching your wagon to Astar means your career is tied to DHL and they do not have a very good track record in the US.

Latest resources

Back