Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deutsche Post's DHL Leipzig Hub Faces Problems, Die Welt Says
By Jann Bettinga, Bloomberg News, Friday April 18, 2008

April 18 (Bloomberg) -- Deutsche Post AG unit DHL's new air-freight hub in the eastern German city of Leipzig is experiencing startup problems such as delayed departures by cargo planes, Die Welt said, citing comments from pilots on Internet forums. An unidentified spokesman for DHL said the express-delivery company is not aware of any problems and that everything is going according to plan, the German daily said in a report today. The cargo hub will be officially opened with a ceremony on May 26, Die Welt added. Deutsche Post spokesman Claus Korfmacher didn't immediately respond to a voicemail message seeking comment today.
Go figure

An unidentified spokesman for DHL said the express-delivery company is not aware of any problems and that everything is going according to

That has GOT to be the biggest lie that particular oxygen thief has yet sprouted. LEJ is a mess, complete and utterly FUBAR. Well, that's what you get when a bunch of postmen think they can run an air operation.

The UK CAA is due to audit them in May. The ramp manager has already been fired, more heads will roll. We've restriced certain ULD types being loaded on the A300 following 5 incidents where they damaged aircraft. Oh, and they didn't report the damage but sent the aeroplane flying. Upon arrival one was grounded and had to be ferried un-pressurised.

On-time performance the first 2 weeks of phase 4 (the move from BRU to LEJ) was below 8%! It's now improving; somewhere up in the low 20s I belive. On a standard day they'll leave behind around 90 tons of freight - that is a shyteload of angry customers.

Running according to plan, my arse!

That has GOT to be the biggest lie that particular oxygen thief has yet sprouted. LEJ is a mess, complete and utterly FUBAR. Well, that's what you get when a bunch of postmen think they can run an air operation.

The UK CAA is due to audit them in May. The ramp manager has already been fired, more heads will roll. We've restriced certain ULD types being loaded on the A300 following 5 incidents where they damaged aircraft. Oh, and they didn't report the damage but sent the aeroplane flying. Upon arrival one was grounded and had to be ferried un-pressurised.

On-time performance the first 2 weeks of phase 4 (the move from BRU to LEJ) was below 8%! It's now improving; somewhere up in the low 20s I belive. On a standard day they'll leave behind around 90 tons of freight - that is a shyteload of angry customers.

Holy shades of the Cornfield, Batman! :)

Damn Joe Hete and ABXAir. Of course they are at fault here too. Right Astar?

sort problems

Hmmm, sounds like a trend. Oh well, sounds like Joe did it again. Hey Euro, when are you dropping by to see us. It would be interesting to hear your perspective on the future of DHL.

The disaster level is not quite at ILN level, but the useless postmen are trying really hard to reach the bottom.

Incompetent, fradulent and unwilling to take onboard advise. Rumours has it the project director will be the next one to get the sack, followed by the sort and operations manager. The NCG manager was the first bloke to feel a size 12. We're waiting and hoping, what that place need is experienced aviation guys running the show, not a bunch of Postman Pats!

Fozzie

I'll be over in ILN in 3 weeks time. Got most of a day off (planning on a trip to Dayton visiting the museum) and will only be too delighted to have a chat over a couple of cold brews with you guys. I'm paying, or rather my expense account is ;)

The disaster level is not quite at ILN level, but the useless postmen are trying really hard to reach the bottom.

Incompetent, fradulent and unwilling to take onboard advise. Rumours has it the project director will be the next one to get the sack, followed by the sort and operations manager. The NCG manager was the first bloke to feel a size 12. We're waiting and hoping, what that place need is experienced aviation guys running the show, not a bunch of Postman Pats!

Fozzie

I'll be over in ILN in 3 weeks time. Got most of a day off (planning on a trip to Dayton visiting the museum) and will only be too delighted to have a chat over a couple of cold brews with you guys. I'm paying, or rather my expense account is ;)

Hey Euro! Any chance you could bring your avatar along with you. I'd love introduce her to some southn' hospitality! ;^>

I'm paying, or rather my expense account is ;)

Euro, be very very careful what you say in these parts. When the words "free beer" are said, God himself doesn't even know how many rampers or people with no official connection to abx (cough, me, cough) might show up. I hope you have a large expense account!

Latest resources

Back