• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar/ABX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like Johnny said. Stop fighting like a bunch of sorority girls. Lets get an agreement on a combined seniority list. Get an agreement about carrying opposing freight and honoring strikes and take it to all 3 management teams. Make it one pilot group paid by 2 different companies. Yes it can be done but it would require both unions to give up some control (god forbid they give up some of their kingdoms to do something for the betterment of the groups). Sooner than later they (DHL) will realize there will be a single airline flying all of DHL boxes in the U.S. It will happen, just like age 65. ALPA was against it until they realized it was a futile fight, now they are on board trying to shape the law. Take that lesson and apply it to DHL. Get on board and make the changes happen that will better the pilots as a whole.

Only the ones who continually flame.

I try not to flame. I only try to say what you guys are not saying. I listened to your argument and agree that if the shoe were on the other foot, ABX pilots may do the same as Astar. But thats not where we are at, are we? We have your arrogant flamers not representing the whole case. So when I post I may sound harsh when I am just saying an alternate view.

I think many have posted here that a common seniority list should be created between Astar and ABX. A great idea. Never gonna happen until the ruling comes and only if that ruling is against Astar ALPA. To do so now would mean you, Astar ALPA, would pull the grievance that lists ABX as a specific airline to stop flying DHL freight. I think the two airlines could work great together. If the DHL freight were to remain as it is, almost 50/50, the pessimist says they will pit the groups against one another, the optimist says both groups will work together like one big happy family, the realist says we need to respect each other for who we are and protect this turf while working toward contracts off each other. You know, like the Delta/United/American contracts to top each other for the new "industry leading" contract.

But as I said, it will never happen unless Astar loses it's case. If you win, we will see just how you value ABX.

So don't say I'm flaming. I'm stating facts.

BTW, you did not answer my question regarding DOB vs DOH.
DOB is necessary for calculations of retirements, earning power, captain years, etc. for a complete and realistic picture of list integration and gain or loss of opportunity under different scenarios.

As you can see from Atlas/Polar and USA/AWE, you could get better than DOH or worse than DOH from an arbitrator.

I'm sure you understand that drawing a DOH line in the sand could actually hurt you depending upon which way the ABX ball bounces next year.

Earl

PS I hate this editor.

If everyone had an avitar like mine there would be no more problems.

DOB is necessary for calculations of retirements, earning power, captain years, etc. for a complete and realistic picture of list integration and gain or loss of opportunity under different scenarios.

As you can see from Atlas/Polar and USA/AWE, you could get better than DOH or worse than DOH from an arbitrator.

I'm sure you understand that drawing a DOH line in the sand could actually hurt you depending upon which way the ABX ball bounces next year.

Earl

PS I hate this editor.
Now that the offer is not on the table,does it really matter?

Yes it matters, $500,000,000 doesn't just vanish with an email saying no thanks. The real pressure is now coming from the inside.

I believe the internal pressure he is referring to is coming from major shareholders.....

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2007/10/01/daily19.html?ana=from_rss

Red Mountain Capital is a corporate raider. The modern day Carl Icahn. That is the reason they wanted a say in the day to day operations and a seat on the board about a year ago.

Make no mistake that if Red Mountain sees that aluminum is worth more than the share price, they would put every worker on the street and start melting aluminum. They are the reason ABX and other corps have poison pills.

Do not think the ABX BOD does not know this. Not to say the place is not able to be bought, just that Red Mountain is only like a 6% shareholder, only 1 shareholder and NOT the majority shareholder.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back