• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar/ABX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, that can't be right fb. It's all about us, remember? ;)

The Astar Boys (and girls) have walked the walk many times... in Wilmington a few times, Miami, etc... and they're more than ready to make the biggest walk of their lives, if it comes to that....

Happy Halloween DHL Customers

Not exactly what I was refering to. Your protestations of support mean little if you continue to insist all DHL freight is yours by virtue of your scope clause.

Not exactly what I was refering to. Your protestations of support mean little if you continue to insist all DHL freight is yours by virtue of your scope clause.

Maybe you should re-read these:

http://astarlabortalks.com/scope1.html

http://astarlabortalks.com/pdf/Signed Scope Side Letter 12-21-98.pdf
  • Present and future flying to be performed by pilots on DHL Airways/ASTAR seniority list.
  • Except for specific caveats, the scope clause guarantees ASTAR pilots ALL U.S. DHL network domestic freight and percentage of International flying.
  • Successorship for any purchase or merger.
  • Side letter that binds DHL Holdings USA to Section 1 of our agreement
We are not suing ABX air or IBT! We have a suit against our employer and DHL!

If we don't fight for SCOPE, then ALL airline pilots might as well give up on SCOPE all together! This fight is not only for our SCOPE clause, but all airlines SCOPE clauses. This is a precedent setting case, and the outcome will mean the future of all airline pilot SCOPE clauses in the USA!!

Working together, we can secure DHL flying in the US for ABX and ASTAR. Especially since we will be surely be one company in the not too distant future! Remember who is pulling the strings.

I'm back - for a minute or two.

Eric,

You make assumptions that in the event we were to win our scope claim against DHL, we would be instantly and absolutely looking to wipe ABX out.

Actually, by looking closely at our scope language, and thinking about it, there is another outcome that would meet the contractual needs of the ASTAR pilots without shutting ABX down.

DHL arguably owes our pilots damages of some sort by trying weasel out of its commitments. That's why I can't drop the grievance. I'm certainly not going to get sued for not enforcing our contract as written. It is a horrible precedent for everyone.

But, really your EBoard and our MEC should come to an agreement about what will happen if we were to win.

I suspect you'll find that all this poking each other in the eye over scope was just a waste of everyone's time because both DHL Airways and ABX Air leadership at the time (2003) were being parochial and were not being realistic.

Both sides.

Earl

PS I still need an ABX seniority list with DOB.

Maybe you should re-read these:

http://astarlabortalks.com/scope1.html

http://astarlabortalks.com/pdf/Signed Scope Side Letter 12-21-98.pdf
  • Present and future flying to be performed by pilots on DHL Airways/ASTAR seniority list.
  • Except for specific caveats, the scope clause guarantees ASTAR pilots ALL U.S. DHL network domestic freight and percentage of International flying.
  • Successorship for any purchase or merger.
  • Side letter that binds DHL Holdings USA to Section 1 of our agreement
We are not suing ABX air or IBT! We have a suit against our employer and DHL!

If we don't fight for SCOPE, then ALL airline pilots might as well give up on SCOPE all together! This fight is not only for our SCOPE clause, but all airlines SCOPE clauses. This is a precedent setting case, and the outcome will mean the future of all airline pilot SCOPE clauses in the USA!!

Working together, we can secure DHL flying in the US for ABX and ASTAR. Especially since we will be surely be one company in the not too distant future! Remember who is pulling the strings.

I'm aware of what the language says. I'm also of the understanding that the CBA in question was signed by DHL while a parent/subsidiary relationship existed.
It no longer existed at the time of the alleged violation. Your ill advised attempt to enforce what can be seen as an invalid scope clause side letter has had the effect of potentially invalidating all ALPA negotiated scope clauses. Good job:puke:

Latest resources

Back