• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aspen Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just went in there this week. I'm glad nj has a high mins fact. Its black or white.

Gutshotdraw. You guys are going to have a fun time this winter. :)

Anyone else excited about the airport closure for a couple of weeks next spring? Go to the airport home page and read all about it!

Don't forget that all the approaches are considered circling and Cat C, and alot of aircraft while flying in circling configuration cannot maintain Cat C speeds. If you cannot meet Cat C speeds then the whole approach is mute.

rice said:
The missed is just to demanding of the aircraft and the crew. Another point many don't consider is what would you do if you descend below the MDA but have a balked landing (for whatever reason). If you haven't planned and trained for that occurence then you'll likely become the next statistic.
Yep! The first time I did it it in the sim I accelerated to 200+ KIAS, engaged the autopilot and blew right through the LOC BC on the missed. It was an eye opener. I ended up climbing out @ V2+10 the next time I tried. The turn from the MAP to the LOC BC is TIGHT!

Last winter I climbed to the top of one of the ridges SE of downtown and scoped out some of the escape routes I always thought I'd use in the event of a balked landing. Again, it was an eye opener. I'm glad we bought a DA50.:eek:

It's been awhile since I've been into Aspen. Can someone post a link to the chart for the LOC/ DME E.....

This is a good discussion.

Thanks-

Best Seat said:
Anyone else excited about the airport closure for a couple of weeks next spring? Go to the airport home page and read all about it!
While they're at why don't they just bulldoze the whole place and turn it into a parking lot for snowmass. When I was working at my old co. I used to fly in there 20-25 times a year, didn't get the field by allix we were gone. I bumped into this jerk at TEB and he goes on and on about how great a place he thinks it is and loves flying in and out of there in his old hawker. Then he tells me he's been in there only twice, both times in the spring. I wanted to slug him right there, what a tool.

Did you mean that filed elevation should not exceed runway length?

Speaking of FE. Look at the elevation at each of the ASE rwy, then look at the ARP and you tell me what the slope is?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back