• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asian Medical Exams

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard many horror stories regarding Asian medicals. Is there any place in the USA that is familiar with the standards over there - particularly China - that will do an exam? Looking at opportunities over there but it will require removing a circling limitation and possibly paying for a PC through a private company to be accepted. Would rather spend a five hundred or so bucks (if that is what it would cost) to know if I can do it before I have to spend a few thousand on a A320 PC through a sim company.

Thanks

I went through the CAAC medical in China, here is a quick summary of what it entailed:

Blood draw, urinalysis, chest x-ray, ultrasound of abdomen (the check for gall/kidney stones), ECG, stress test, EEG (brain scan - for epilepsy I believe), physical dexterity test, vision test, hearing test.

I passed.

why don't you PM me. I think you were in my fair city the other day(ZUUU).

Pretty good chances they'll call. Possibly mid next year is my best guess.

Latest I heard was that the current business plan only calls for a 3% yearly increase, so most likely no DEFO hiring 2010 & 2011.

Numbers picked up nicely in November, so hopefully CX will change their business plan. :eek:)

If your nurse is a really pretty Asian woman, don't forget to ask for the happy ending medical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uba757

ERJ and Capt U,

On an unrelated note, now the the Asian Economy is picking up steams again, what is the outlook for CX? thx.

Sorry, but CX ain't lookin' for your type tough guy!

Latest resources

Back