Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
I have heard many horror stories regarding Asian medicals. Is there any place in the USA that is familiar with the standards over there - particularly China - that will do an exam? Looking at opportunities over there but it will require removing a circling limitation and possibly paying for a PC through a private company to be accepted. Would rather spend a five hundred or so bucks (if that is what it would cost) to know if I can do it before I have to spend a few thousand on a A320 PC through a sim company.

Thanks

I know that the Mayo clinic does exams for ANA, but for what I understand these exams are around $2,500/ applicant

The dreaded Asian medical...

They grab you by the cajones and squeeze until you can't pronounce any "R"'s! Somehow, in the process, some ability to say the letter "T" is also lost - as in "Exip firs LEF"

The eye exam is a killer. A chart like this one is produced:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__1OzjxCtHZI/SeNoSGuasfI/AAAAAAAADh8/y2Z8DLZEd5Q/s400/eye-chart.gif

Don't do it! You'll forever regret the choice. Stay in the US. Keep your diction (unless you're General Lee - in which anything will be an improvement).

The dreaded Asian medical...

They grab you by the cajones and squeeze until you can't pronounce any "R"'s! Somehow, in the process, some ability to say the letter "T" is also lost - as in "Exip firs LEF"

The eye exam is a killer. A chart like this one is produced:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__1OzjxCtHZI/SeNoSGuasfI/AAAAAAAADh8/y2Z8DLZEd5Q/s400/eye-chart.gif

Don't do it! You'll forever regret the choice. Stay in the US. Keep your diction (unless you're General Lee - in which anything will be an improvement).

LMAO

Have my medical next week... You in HKG?

ERJ

ERJ and Capt U,

On an unrelated note, now the the Asian Economy is picking up steams again, what is the outlook for CX? thx.

Mo
No real change to DEFO hiring.
OTOH, they HAVE started a foreign cadet hiring program. Hired on local terms, you are sponsored through flight school. The trade? The course (USD200K) bonded over 4 years. On local terms = no expat benefits. You give up about USD5 Million in benefits over a 40 year career.
They are hoping to exploit the mad/stupid/mathematics challenged sector of the flying community with this one. Needless to say the idiot masses from all over the place are clambering for this one...Ozzies, Kiwis, Japies...

What do you suppose the odds of keeping the DEFO pool intact? Think those of us swimming will get a call when things turn around a bit?

Latest resources

Back