• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will just go ahead an point out the rather obvious fact that you have no idea what in flaming hell you are spouting off about. ASA is not going to buy anyone.

Well I guess you are WRONG!!! Next time you go insult other members of this form you should make sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

Anyway, I guess I can tell you I told you so.. So now I can shove my so called MBA, you think I don't have, right up your a$$!!

Well, following the announcment today, looks like your eating your words!
Maybe YOU should look up that link and research LLC's before your start spouting your disease ridden mouth.

crj567 is our version of Gen Lee...

I have not seen ownership like this in a long time. Talk about eating your words by the mouthful. Well done gentlemen. Where is CRJ567? Preparing a statement?

All Gingers must die!!!

Maybe ASA didn't really buy Expressjet?:confused:

Maybe it really was Skywest?:D

Regional giant SkyWest to acquire ExpressJet
Comments
By Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAY

Consolidation in the U.S. airline industry has trickled down to the nation's regional carriers. The USA's largest regional operator -- SkyWest -- today announced that it plans to acquire Houston-based ExpressJet, another U.S. regional carrier.

The Houston Business Journal writes that "as per the agreement, ExpressJet will be folded into SkyWest subsidiary Atlantic Southeast Airlines, based in Atlanta. It is expected that ExpressJet will move its corporate headquarters to Atlanta, but maintain an operational support structure in Houston."

The Associated Press writes that "Atlantic Southeast and SkyWest operate as Delta Connection and as United Express. ExpressJet operates as Continental Connection. The companies said Wednesday they expect the deal to close in the fourth quarter." Dow Jones adds the SkyWest-ExpressJet deal "lines up the commuter operations" of United and Continental, which hope to close their own merger deal by the end of the year.

AP notes "SkyWest has tried to buy ExpressJet before. The company made an offer of $3.50 per share in April 2008, but that price was rejected by ExpressJet's board as too low. ExpressJet, which was spun off from Continental in 2002, has been exploring options for its business ever since."

In a press release announcing the deal, ExpressJet says it expects "that the vast majority of front-line employee positions will not be impacted by the acquisition."

George Bravante, Chairman of the ExpressJet Board, adds in the release: "We believe this transaction provides a significant premium over ExpressJet's current market price for its stockholders and that the combined airline will be able to provide a stable, platform for growth for ExpressJet employees after this transaction closes."

In other news today involving SkyWest, The Associated Press writes that the company "said its second-quarter earnings fell 29% despite higher traffic because it made less money per passenger. The company earned $18.7 million, or 33 cents per share, compared with $26.2 million, or 46 cents per share, a year earlier." Analysts had expected a profit of 38 cents a share, according to AP.

SkyWest also operates a small number of flights from Milwaukee under a partnership with AirTran.

Posted Aug 4 2010 11:12AM

O.K. Trump..... Rather than explaining at length the many vast differences between an LLC and a "wholly-owned subsidiary," (ASA is actually one, and not the other.) I will just go ahead an point out the rather obvious fact that you have no idea what in flaming hell you are spouting off about. ASA is not going to buy anyone.

-Read this, and maybe google a couple of terms before you start down this line of retard logic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Southeast_Airlines

I have decided that I will never again drink from a water fountain at the airport, or at any airport. I cannot risk catching whatever kind of unfortunate mental damage is going around.
LOL...what an IDIOT! HA!

With all the future growth in the 100+ seat market, and the 50 seats on the decline, why would ASA buy another 50 seat airline? Not to mention an airline with ALOT of 50's. Something does not add up. Maybe scope is crashing in the future.

With all the future growth in the 100+ seat market, and the 50 seats on the decline, why would ASA buy another 50 seat airline? Not to mention an airline with ALOT of 50's. Something does not add up. Maybe scope is crashing in the future.
You can pretty much bet that scope has already been addressed and or dropped. Otherwise, I doubt ASA would invest that much time, effort and money. You don't really think Continental was going to be the only airline with no RJ's bigger than 50 seats...did you?

I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing, I'm just sayin'....

Latest resources

Back