ASA's Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I had recurrent ground recently. SH had some intersting charts regarding the future of RJ's. Obviously the 50 seater's will shrink a good deal. There is growth in the 70/90 market. However, the largest growth in 2014 will be 100-125 seat aircraft.

Regarding scope with Delta, I'm not sure how that would work. Delta pilots want the flying whereas management would rather contract it out for a cheaper rate. Unless Delta management offers a nice pay raise to relieve scope, I don't know how this is possible.

SH did not rule out ASA buying a branded airline, such as AirTran, Alaska, Jetblue, or Virgin. I never thought that would even be a possibility. I guess with enough cash, anything is possible. Could you imagine merging with "AirTran"? Happy ASA pilots with p'd off AirTran pilots.

Sounds like ASA is really looking at the big picture and elected not to buy TSA/Compass/Mesaba/Pinnacle. I personally think they are ready to buy off Mesa assets. Who knows, maybe a bigger branded airline.

Thoughts?

I'm glad we have drug testing at ASA, but it is obviously not foolproof.

The day that ASA fly's 100 seaters is the day that this industry as truly gone to hell....oh wait, Republic already does that with 1 less seat.

Latest resources

Back