• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering if it was better or worse there than here. For me it was TSA and when I think back, I am so much better off now. Even though TSA has some parts of their contract that are better than ours, our contract and company are ten times better to work with.

Nelson was on the negotiating team on our last contract. Then years later when he was system CP he was instrumental in the grievance when he lied to the mediator about the intent of the language of that part of section 13. He said that what we had been doing for the previous 3+ years(no pilot will be scheduled for more than 3 naps without 2 days off following the 3rd nap) was not what they meant. He said the "more than" meant no more naps and did not preclude the pilot from doing a day trip as long as it was not another nap and that the 2 days off didn't apply to a day trip. When the pilot that wrote the section was there and said the direct opposite, that it was meant to have pilots do 3 naps and 2 days off period. Cause they used to do 5 naps in a row and that was so dangerous that the pilots wanted a cap of 3 in a row and two days off right after.

Lying SOB!

Last edited:
It wasn't too bad, up until the point Jets for Jobs started surfacing. We even got crew meals there. Much better here though. We have alot of problems here, but it was much worse there, for sure. There are alot of us from ALG that jumped ship here a few years ago.

Smarta$$ said:
Commuting from MSP on delta, If you work for ASA does delta take unlimited jumpseaters. Or are you treated like a pilot from outside the delta family and limited to two jumpseaters?

ASA has 2 or 3 daily flights to MSP from Atl

SORRY to keep asking so many questions, Like you my life is very complicated and I am trying to figure out how I can make a commute to ATL from MSP work for me. Does anyone know how I can check the average load factor or the 5:15 am flight on delta MSP to ATL? Do you think ASA would ever lose there non rev privleges on delta?

I have flown with a couple of FO's that commute from MSP and they didn't seem to find it too hard. Not any harder than usual. Pilots would keep their jumpseat benifits even if the nonrev benifits get cut back a little.

GO AROUND said:
Pilots would keep their jumpseat benifits even if the nonrev benifits get cut back a little.

While true that you can still jumpseat, we have lost priority on the jumpseat, meaning that we have dropped from an H-1 priority to an H-2.
Basically instead of it being first come first serve between an ASA pilot and a Comair pilot, Comair now has priority. Delta mainline, of course, has always had priority. Now here is the big difference. You no longer have priority over all the other third party DCI types (Skywest, CHQ, etc.) because, like them, you are now an H-2 on the jumpseat pecking order. Which means, first come, first served.

Technically, this is how is should play out, but since I'm not commuting any more, what are you commuters experiencing?

Smarta$$ said:
Do you think ASA would ever lose there non rev privleges on delta?

Yes, they will. Just a matter of time- maybe a few months and they will be gone. At least the S-3 and S-2 will be. The only way to fly is with those priorities unless you want to sit with the no-class buddy pass gang.

Latest resources

Back