Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT Pilots- Who's financially prepared to walk?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. It took exactly the first three posts and this thread had turned into a pissing match between two posters.

Heads up.. We have some work to do. To many "yes" voters in ATL. I was down in the crew room and dropped a book on the floor. Half the pilots in the room, clucked, flapped their arms and perched on the backs of chairs!

Back-up plans:
1. SkyWest (who will get our planes)
2. Compass
3. Mesa
4. GoJets
5. Go back to my previous career (don't really want to but it's there if I need it and pays better than a regional)

Manage your career, Don't let the airlines do it. You know what you need to further your career. go get it. More doors are about to open, then people to walk threw them.

Admittedly, no dog in this fight.

Something to consider with this T/A:

Planes may go to SkyWest anyway. Forcing costs down at XJT may merely be the perfect management excuse to force a paycut on the SkyWest pilots.

Sure, there's no contract over there, but it seems more credible if management can say, "Look, times are tight, the XJT guys had to take a haircut and unfortunately we need to do the same here at SkyWest."

The only concessions are on the scheduling side of things.

I believe you have not read the TA. Many concessions lie outside scheduling and amount to outright paycuts.

For example, changes to vacation low will cost a 10 year Captain at least $3,800 annually, in order to maintain current QOL.

Loss of of duty rigs is a paycut.

There are others. Just read the TA.

The only concessions are on the scheduling side of things.

Everything is gutted.

People are saying the 401k is "improved". Do the math, it's the same numbers.

The message is clear. They want a shutdown, just like Comair. The best course of action is to keep what we have and ride it out (preferably getting on with a legacy or anything in the process).

I'm voting no, and I think I just don't care what the outcome. We've seen it before: the E-175 at the hangar, demands for concessions, management pay raises as they see this sinking ship to its underwater grave...

I believe you have not read the TA. Many concessions lie outside scheduling and amount to outright paycuts.

For example, changes to vacation low will cost a 10 year Captain at least $3,800 annually, in order to maintain current QOL.

Loss of of duty rigs is a paycut.

There are others. Just read the TA.

I've read it more than most. Most people think that block out will change because they are going off what others say or haven't even read the current contract we work under now.

No duty-rigs suck. Vacation low loss sucks. But really all the crappy changes are scheduling related, ie they want to use us more.

Latest resources

Back