Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT Pilots- Who's financially prepared to walk?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Getting pretty tired of the scare tactics. Our jobs can be stressful enough without the union/management intimidation. Since my first job as a commercial pilot, I have always kept a backup plan and a steady alternate source of income.

If the intimidation and scare tactics continue to a point at which the paycheck is no longer worth enduring the stress, I plan on telling XJT and this entire industry to shove it. After a decade of pulling in less than $20/hr flying, that point is drawing very near. The prospect of pay-cuts and further degradation of the already piss-poor working environment have me very excited at the idea of taking side work full time.

I am curious to see how many on here have something to fall back on TODAY.

Getting pretty tired of the scare tactics. Our jobs can be stressful enough without the union/management intimidation. Since my first job as a commercial pilot, I have always kept a backup plan and a steady alternate source of income.

If the intimidation and scare tactics continue to a point at which the paycheck is no longer worth enduring the stress, I plan on telling XJT and this entire industry to shove it. After a decade of pulling in less than $20/hr flying, that point is drawing very near. The prospect of pay-cuts and further degradation of the already piss-poor working environment have me very excited at the idea of taking side work full time.

I am curious to see how many on here have something to fall back on TODAY.

Yea, that will teach them.....

Teach them? You don't read so well, do you...

Ya I can read just fine, what part of my response are you confused about? The fact you want to walk away, acting like for some reason that will teach them a lesson?

I wasn't financially prepared when I got furloughed in '09, even though I saw the writing on the wall. I didn't miss a day of work in the transition. Now, my finances are a little better and I have backup plans: Two in aviation and two of them out of aviation. I haven't missed a meal yet in this business and don't plan to start now.

Ya I can read just fine, what part of my response are you confused about? The fact you want to walk away, acting like for some reason that will teach them a lesson?

You are the one that is confused. Where did I suggest that my intentions for leaving were to "teach them a lesson"? Here, I'll break it down for you.

1) Fear tactics/intimidation and poor pay/QOL are bad

2) Backup plans are good

3) When deteriorating working conditions no longer justify pay, resort to backup plan

4) Who else has a backup plan?

You are the one that is confused. Where did I suggest that my intentions for leaving were to "teach them a lesson"? Here, I'll break it down for you.

1) Fear tactics/intimidation and poor pay/QOL are bad

2) Backup plans are good

3) When deteriorating working conditions no longer justify pay, resort to backup plan

4) Who else has a backup plan?

Sarcasm not your strong point? Guess not....

No Mercyful Fate. Actually, you are right.

I've spent my entire life learning how to do **** outside of flying so that one day I can teach management a lesson.

No Mercyful Fate. Actually, you are right.

I've spent my entire life learning how to do **** outside of flying so that one day I can teach management a lesson.

Go take a midol and relax...you are way too high strung....

Latest resources

Back