• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT MEC conflict

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think many r starring to regret that WE BOUGHT U!
Should have just let XJT run it's course (Independence Air) & picked up the peaces after the implosion.
Now u guys r going to screw it up for all of us. Think u guys easily forget the path u were on before WE BOUGHT U! U should remember that.

Easy Francis, don't be such a worm. If we listened to your mentality, then, "The company", could notify us of a re assignment via voice mail! My question is, Does the company pay your phone bill? Thats the kind of crap xjt pilots won't stand for and asa seems to fall for every time. Face it, we may just save all of our collective arses by being demanding. Go crawl back under your rock.

I think many r starring to regret that WE BOUGHT U!
Should have just let XJT run it's course (Independence Air) & picked up the peaces after the implosion.
Now u guys r going to screw it up for all of us. Think u guys easily forget the path u were on before WE BOUGHT U! U should remember that.

You didn't buy US, Skywest did, not the ASA pilot group. Let's not make this a 'you vs us' argument here. I'm not sure what kind of Kool Aid they've been sending out in ASA MEC blastmails or posting on this message board. XJT shut down branded long before being purchased by skywest and don't forget the board rejected their proposal a year earlier.

Now, I think a great many of you on here have (or have been led to believe) the wrong idea about ExpressJet pilots. Labeling us as 'militant' or out to 'screw you up' is unfair and slanderous. What exactly are we going to screw up? Trying to get a fair and equatable seniority list integration between the larger pilot group and the smaller one? Trying to get a liveable contract for everyone because we are still under concessions and ya'll's work rules are largely inferior to our Contract 04's? Standing up to management on the 'check in' requirement which was a direct violation to our hard-fought contract? BTW to the poster who doesn't see the check in as a big deal, try commuting to EWR when they're running delays and barely making it in in time to grab the walk around and push WITHOUT having to 'check in' on a company computer 20 mins away. Printing a pairing on that retarded Sked+ is last on my to do list.

There's a lot of ASA pilots on here. As I see it this is essentially ya'lls version of our crack pipe (message board) so i'm bringing the olive branch with me. Work with us, don't listen to management's banter about how we are trying to sink the ship and we will cost you flying. We parked planes only a couple years ago, 37 in fact and just sold another 3 more. So, we know EXACTLY how frustrating it is watching a crap operator (CHQ or Go Jets) yank flying that used to be done by us while furloughing and downgrading pilots. It's not fun and we want that to NEVER occur at EITHER carrier.

At Pinnacle, PBS doesn't do anything for the bottom barrel of a group. Then the higher you go, the better it gets. When I was 2/3 up on the list, about 66% in base, I was more or less getting lots of things I bid for. But once I was in the top half, I started to get almost everything. Now that I'm in the top third, I get each and every single thing I ask for, and some more! Those who beotch and moan about PBS usually goof something up in their bid, or just don't know how to score options properly. I've had great results with PBS.

Dear XJT Pilots,

I apologize for the remarks made on this forum. Please remember there are a select few retards that attempt to represent the entire ASA pilot group and unfortunately they tend to be the loudest. I hope you realize that 99% of us are as sensible as 99% of you.

Best regards,

The rest of us

uess we are going to be like USAir/AWA or more recently Air Tran/SWA.

Not even close. Those companies have MASSIVE longevity differences, ASA/XJT's don't even come close to the kind of issues those places have. Never mind the MASSIVE gaps in pay rates on the SW/AT side.

Look, the ASA pilots said that there is no way in Hell that management would give up the requirement that XJT check in at the airport. After a little conversation about how XJT pilots NEGOTIATED away the check-in requirement and a little arm twisting then POOF no check-in.

Well, for 6 months anyway......

The problem with your logic, or lack thereof, is that compared to other regionals that we compete with, our QOL is already better. In fact, your reserve rules are better than Delta's reserve rules

And therein lies a bit a hurdle some need to see past. Anything LESS than what the XJT contract has now is a concession. Plain and simple, end of story. The majority of the pilots on to be combined seniority list have ALREADY taken them.

Ignorance is bliss. I-Air was NOWHERE near XJT before being acquired by SkyWest holdings. As far as picking up the pieces, you ever heard of McCaskill?

My point is that before we bought u we seemed to be doing fine... ASA/SKW did not buy u for ur excellent opperation....

The other guy dealt with this, but wait, hold on. Did YOU personally buy XJT, or did SkyWest holdings buy XJT? Were you Waterski before wherever you are now? Because if you were, I'd think you'd of had your fill of getting your conrhole pounded by Hulas that you wouldn't stand for getting walked on anymore.

Dear XJT Pilots,

I apologize for the remarks made on this forum. Please remember there are a select few retards that attempt to represent the entire ASA pilot group and unfortunately they tend to be the loudest. I hope you realize that 99% of us are as sensible as 99% of you.

Best regards,

The rest of us

Thanks, no worries. You don't need to apologize for the ASA group. All the ones I run into seem to be good dudes and pretty much want all the same things, a good contract

Last edited:
Dear XJT Pilots,

Best regards,

The rest of us

This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes there was some serious disagreements at the meeting last week. There are 2 different issue.

The first is a big difference in what the 2 MECs think is achievable in this contract. XJT MEC has a "burn the house down" mentality and isn't being realistic.

The second issue is the seniority list integration. The instructor integration didn't go well. XJT again IMO was being unrealistic. ASA was willing to send it to arbitration.

There is much tension between the two MECs. I guess we are going to be like USAir/AWA or more recently Air Tran/SWA.

I hope so. My contract is MUcH better than yours and you are shrinking. You guys are morons

Latest resources

Back