Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cybourg10

Thanks to FL990 for this info from the ASA contract:

"If I could draw everyones attention to ASA's contract, SEC 1.E.2 which states "The respective pilot collective bargaining agreements will be merged into one(1) agreement as the result of negotiations among the pilot groups and the successor or Company. If a fully merged agreement is not reached within four (4) months from the date a final and binding integrated pilot seniority list is issued, the parties will jointly submit outstanding issues to binding interest arbitration;"

So if after 4 months of stalling by management our contract goes to an arbitrator and he/she gets to decide what is in our CBA without a pilot vote? If I am reading this correctly, this is a huge obstacle for our new group to get an industry leading contract because of this weak language. I see no reason for the new company to negotiate anything industry leading because they can count on the arbitrator giving us an average contract without our votes. This is a big deal.

Nah, NMB mediators very very rarely impose contracts on groups. I dont think its going to go that far. Also this is, at least as I read it, talking about the two pilot groups, not the combined groups desire's vs. management. I am sure both of our pilot groups will be able to come together and hammer out a JCBA fairly quickly. We both have excellent portions of our contract so hopefully they will keep all of those and get rid of the bad stuff.

One of the BIG things that Brad Rich said with emphasis, was that they as a company do not get the true value and profits until the entire company is merged and complete. He was "very confident" that they could do this fast.

Now, the company is certainly going to put up a fight for things they believe will cost them money, if you think that we will just "get rid of all the bad stuff" keep dreaming or go volunteer yourself to negotiate the new deal.

The company does have a right to make money, just as we have a right to fight for what we believe is fair in compensation and work rules.

Its kinda like marriage, give and take on both sides, or fail.

Well my main point I think was that this section of the ?ASA? contract I believe is talking about things between the two pilot groups and not talking about the pilot groups vs. management. We(XJT and ASA) could knock out what we want pretty quickly and then go to management with the proposal. I dont think the 4 month time line is between us and management its between XJT and ASA. So mgmt could stall indefinitely and all we have is the normal NMB mediation process. If we(the pilot groups) cant come together in 4 months after SLI than it can go to binding arbitration. Now maybe I am wrong and the intent of this section is between the combined pilot groups and management. Anybody know how this section was intended to be interpreted?

It's 9 months in the XJT contract. This is boilerplate ALPA merger language. Your point?

One of the BIG things that Brad Rich said with emphasis, was that they as a company do not get the true value and profits until the entire company is merged and complete. He was "very confident" that they could do this fast....

Its kinda like marriage, give and take on both sides, or fail.

He also talked about the value of the frontline employees at both companies and how important they (and their morale) are to ensuring the success of the merger.

Screwing us and creating a pilot labor group of 4200 PISSED OFF pilots is not the pathway to the savings/profits they're after and they KNOW it.

Give the company a little credit, they know how to run an airline.

I absolutely hate to point this out, but I would like to make it a point. Brad Holt is at the helm of the company and ultimately is responsible for trying to do this whole "Super Regional Carrier" thing. I doubt highly that he wants to be the first to try it, and the first to fail. Have faith we can work this out, and that we can work togeather to make money................Once complete, I think we are going to be a financial power house.

I absolutely hate to point this out, but I would like to make it a point. Brad Holt is at the helm of the company and ultimately is responsible for trying to do this whole "Super Regional Carrier" thing. I doubt highly that he wants to be the first to try it, and the first to fail. Have faith we can work this out, and that we can work togeather to make money................Once complete, I think we are going to be a financial power house.

I agree and think most of us agree....

I'd like to buy the world a coke and keep it company...

By the way, do you guys serve coke or pepsi?

Latest resources

Back