• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/Xjet/Skywest: One list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well. something is better than nothing and so far, nothing has changed at skywest. Yeah, lets keep paying alpa to sleep with management, look what it has gotten us so far.
We need some real change.
Remember what alpa was willing to do to your 401K when they lost usair?

ALPA becomes an easy target because we all know it's not perfect, but what's your solution?

Unity is the only way to achieve the goals all 3 pilots groups deserve. The irony of it all is the profits and management of all 3 airlines are unified. Jerry loves the fractured groups and probably will do what he can to keep it separate.

ALPA becomes an easy target because we all know it's not perfect, but what's your solution?

Unity is the only way to achieve the goals all 3 pilots groups deserve. The irony of it all is the profits and management of all 3 airlines are unified. Jerry loves the fractured groups and probably will do what he can to keep it separate.

The solution COULD be to start with alpa at skywest and then form our own union.

Someone explain to me how not having a Union allows for faster upgrades? Upgrades come due to growth or attrition, not whether you have the protections of a union. Are you telling me that your company will have more attrition if if have no union, or your company will be awarded more flying contracts based on you not having a union? Laughable!

I would just like to see all of the anti-union skywest pilots stick to their principal and not go to a union mainline carrier.

Skywest wont do it because the children are scared they wont upgrade, its numero uno for the valley girls!

If anything the past 3 years have shown that being union or not has no effect of upgrade times or the amount of flying you win in a RFP. That will have no bearing on whether or not SKW votes in a union.

If anything the past 3 years have shown that being union or not has no effect of upgrade times or the amount of flying you win in a RFP. That will have no bearing on whether or not SKW votes in a union.
Yeah,
But that is one of many Kool-Aid talking points. Those human skid marks who parroted that during the last few union drives are silent now.
PBR

I'm very certain any union drive effort at SkyWest would be happily welcomed.

Things are very different these days.......

I'm very certain any union drive effort at SkyWest would be happily welcomed.

Things are very different these days.......

Probably more or less welcomed by Jerry himself. I don't think they are too afraid of ALPA these days. ASA, and Expressjets unions didn't scare him away. I wonder how much money he would give to F&H to fight it this time.

Probably more or less welcomed by Jerry himself. I don't think they are too afraid of ALPA these days. ASA, and Expressjets unions didn't scare him away. I wonder how much money he would give to F&H to fight it this time.

I agree. Besides, they've already made so much money. They can now afford for ALPA to come in and divide the pot accordingly. And Skywest can finally pay CRJ9 pilots CRJ9 wages instead of CRJ7. Maybe is CRJ1000 to come.

Latest resources

Back