• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vs Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest has no Risk Manager. There is a marketing department, but in reality all marketing and sales is done by Delta, United, and Midwest. ASA’s marketing and sales is done by Delta. Marketing and sales are not operational functions.
Somebody better tell Lisa LaRue that then, because according to your Company's Press Releases, she is your Risk Manager:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/01-16-2006/0004261239&EDATE=

Oh, by the way, this operational function is integrated with ASA. If having insurance on the airplanes is not part of "operations" I would like to see you "operate" without it. The Lessors might have some concerns....

Making a jackass of ones self....... Good lord the irony...
The pilot that you castigate for having a mind and speaking it has the stones to use his own name on here. He does not throw stones from the shadows of an anonymous online name. Despite how you personally feel about him, DB was a pilots pilot. He was not afraid to tell it like it was.

What is this embarrassment that he seems to have caused you, (and according to you) the majority of SkyWest Pilots? Was it the fact that he pointed out management and SAPA missteps? Was it his failure to believe everything that came from SGU and SAPA? Was it the fact that he pointed out the embarrassing loopholes in the agreement between the pilots and management? I suppose I would be embarrassed if I had voted to step on the EMB drivers backs to get a pittance of a raise.

Perhaps before you make your fourth contribution to this webboard, you should search the names of the members here. You will find the name of the man you belittle. He posted a fair bit around here, and his posts were informative. He was not merely trying to out folks and cast aspersions about others anonymously.

Talk about making a jackass of yourself. It is unfortunate for the SkyWest pilot group that you identify yourself as one of them, and claim to speak for a majority of them.

Actually I'm one of many that is glad he left, he was an embarassment at so many levels. From his stupid hat nazi comments and leaving notes in peoples mailboxes on how he thinks the plane should be configured when left, it's a miracle someone didn't pound the crap out of him in the parking lot.

As far as using his actual name here on these boards is because he's too stupid to know how the game is played.

Actually I'm one of many that is glad he left, he was an embarassment at so many levels. From his stupid hat nazi comments and leaving notes in peoples mailboxes on how he thinks the plane should be configured when left, it's a miracle someone didn't pound the crap out of him in the parking lot.

As far as using his actual name here on these boards is because he's too stupid to know how the game is played.

Maybe he got sick of swapping into A/C that were left a total mess by the previous crew! I don't appreciate cleaning up the cockpit multiple times in a day for lazy crews that leave me a mess either, especially with the quick turns we always seem to get...

embdrvr: Former SkyWest PDX Brasilia CA and Former member of the ALPA OC at SkyWest. An embarrassment to the majority of pilots at SkyWest. Bye DB. One could always count on you to make a Jacka$$ out of yourself, Dave. Most are glad you can no longer do it as a SkyWest pilot.

Nope. embdrvr is based out of FAT.

P.M for his real name.

Maybe he got sick of swapping into A/C that were left a total mess by the previous crew! I don't appreciate cleaning up the cockpit multiple times in a day for lazy crews that leave me a mess either, especially with the quick turns we always seem to get...

Leaving it clean for the next guy, sure that needs to happen. Having the belts layed out a certain way, having the heading bug left on 360, crap like that. But overall many are glad he left. Plus he pissed off a few in the jet training dept and knew he wouldn't pass any transition.

There may be a DOH integration in the future but there may not be even 1000 ASA pilots left to integrate so who &*^%ing cares. There will be fences etc.

If your too hell bent on staying at a regional then its your own fault for sticking around and worrying about your $73 hr after 10 years as a captain. Meanwhile a second year FO is making more at a Major than a 10 year captain pissing in the wind at any regional.

So because I choose to "piss away" my life at a regional I'm not allowed to try to advance my chosen lot in life? Or should I just throw my apps out there again and start going after QOL from square one? (again)

I have alot of reasons for staying where I'm at, not the least of which is that I'm 688 out of almost 2600 pilots.

The minute SkyWest Airlines started operating planes from ASA, we became part of you guys, like it or not.

Management created a scope issue where one really didn't exist. A year ago if you talked to a random ASA pilot, scope was very low on their priority list. Now it's very high, if not the highest of importance.

SkyWest dropped the ball on this one. If they intended to bleed ASA dry, they should have settled the contract without binding scope a year ago. Now, a contract without scope will most likely not pass a vote of the pilot group. Once we have scope, there will be no more transferring assets.

I'm glad to hear you say that. Too bad is wasn't a top priority for the MEC a year ago. Now what are we going to do about it?

Last edited:
Sweptback,

"where one really didn't exist"? What do you mean. Scope always matters if you believe in union contracts. ALPA is the one who has dropped the ball, management is doing just fine.... Maybe some of you ALPA chest thumpers need to understand scope a little better...

Give him a break. Learn to save the stick for when it's absolutely necessary.

While his response was lukewarm at best, at least he's moving in the right direction. All he left out is that the MEC also dropped the ball by ignoring scope when the pilots weren't interested in it. Leadership means doing what's best for your subjects, even if they don't know/don't care they need it. It should have been a priority back then as it has become now.

Last edited:
Man I can't tell the difference between John P and Joey's statements. They both sound the same, maybe they are the same, or is John P Joey's old lady?

Latest resources

Back