• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vs Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man I can't tell the difference between John P and Joey's statements. They both sound the same, maybe they are the same, or is John P Joey's old lady?

She does kind of look like a man...

Actually I'm one of many that is glad he left, he was an embarassment at so many levels. From his stupid hat nazi comments and leaving notes in peoples mailboxes on how he thinks the plane should be configured when left, it's a miracle someone didn't pound the crap out of him in the parking lot.

As far as using his actual name here on these boards is because he's too stupid to know how the game is played.

If you're talking about DB he wasn't exactly known for uniform compliance when it came to wearing the hat. Kinda hard to imagine the guy as a "hat nazi."
I think you're full of sh.t but that's just me.

Status Quo?

So because I choose to "piss away" my life at a regional I'm not allowed to try to advance my chosen lot in life? Or should I just throw my apps out there again and start going after QOL from square one? (again)

I have alot of reasons for staying where I'm at, not the least of which is that I'm 688 out of almost 2600 pilots.

No hard feelings bud. To each his own career path in the cockpit. In order to advance your chosen lot in life at SkyWest you need to be in management, Sim instructor, or Check Airman. Capiche? If you know of another way please tell.

Skywest pilots salary is Status quo.

Although I don't know average days off or work rules, the next level of pay scales are nice.

Skywest 10yr CR9 CA = $78/hr
Alaska 4yr FO = $80/hr
Frontier 4yr FO = $77/hr
Southwest 4yr FO = $108/hr Holy Sh&t
Delta 4yr FO = $81-$112 Not Bad
United 4yr FO =$76-109 Hanging Tough
UPS 4yr FO =$90-114 Oh yeah
FEDEX 4yr FO =$94-131 drool

Last edited:
Somebody better tell Lisa LaRue that then, because according to your Company's Press Releases, she is your Risk Manager:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/01-16-2006/0004261239&EDATE=

Oh, by the way, this operational function is integrated with ASA. If having insurance on the airplanes is not part of "operations" I would like to see you "operate" without it. The Lessors might have some concerns....

I stand corrected. Another position created and/or filled that flew under the radar. Nothing new there. I think we're talking about two different things as far as operations is concerned. I do get your point about insurance.

Latest resources

Back