• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vacancy Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What sux is that we are only going to get to take a look at the FEB lines before we have to decide to bid IAD or not. I was hoping the bid wouldn't close until mid FEB. I would imagine when they add the remaning cities, that there will be more trip diversity...at least I hope so. I'm gonna bid it cause I'm tired of sitting SCR in ATL for 2+ years. Gonna be a tougher commute but I'll swap that to get off reserve and make some extra $$ finally.

The junior Captains on the 700 who go to IAD will be sitting middle of the pack, hopefully getting decent lines with good value. That will be the consolation prize, 2+ years of reserve to middle line holder will be a welcome change.

The junior Captains on the 700 who go to IAD will be sitting middle of the pack, hopefully getting decent lines with good value. That will be the consolation prize, 2+ years of reserve to middle line holder will be a welcome change.
Some will be in the middle, some will fall toward the bottom. It depends who bids for what and where. It's really a big mess.

Some will be in the middle, some will fall toward the bottom. It depends who bids for what and where. It's really a big mess.

50% company seniority (around 850) gets you into the 21-23 out of 30 range up there now, if this goes junior, that same guy/gal will be sitting at about 26-30 out of 60. I think it's going to go junior, but that's just my opinion.

Will IAD crews be allowed to swap trips for open ATL trips?

Certainly not... They're not going to staff reserves to cover cross base swaps.

THIS IS NOT A VACANCY BID! IT IS A DISPLACEMENT IN DISGUISE! I love how they call it a vacancy when the word reduction is also in the bid.

But thats marketing I guess. :uzi:

Certainly not... They're not going to staff reserves to cover cross base swaps.

THIS IS NOT A VACANCY BID! IT IS A DISPLACEMENT IN DISGUISE! I love how they call it a vacancy when the word reduction is also in the bid.

But thats marketing I guess. :uzi:

Well, short term you may be right, but contractually they cannot stop it IF there is adequate staffing.

It is a vacancy bid and a displacement bid. The company is shifting resources from one place to another. Yes, there are some reductions, but what is the net gain or loss from the vacancies and reductions.... ZERO.

That's gonna be a tough one. Back when DFW was alive you could do swaps if I'm not mistaken, but that was a different era.

Latest resources

Back