• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vacancy Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's to hoping this will bring back some of our furloughed brethren and put some of our displacees back in the left seat!

Nope. 39 vacancy's and 39 positions open. 29 in IAD and 10 on the 700.

Nothing good about it. There is no net gain in captain or first officer positions. I was hoping for less reductions, that would have been good.

After reading the notice, I was a little disappointed to say the least. This isn't really any improvement at ASA, just a numbers shuffle. It's actually going to hurt some Captains that aren't willing to go to IAD, they're going to be back in the right seat. If there is a bright side, it's that some FO's hoping to upgrade and willing to commute or move just might get that chance.

Only 6 CR7 FO vacancies. I thought there'd be more considering how many CR7 FOs went over to IAD as CRJ FOs.

Don't worry; they'll just keep on using instructors to fill the void in positions like they've been doing for months now

The increased utilization means little for the line pilot in relation to their seat held. As someone else mentioned, there is no net gain of captains. This is just the next round of which base you will call 'home'.

DING DING DING

The smart ones waited for the second round to see what happens i.e. city pairs, types and quality of trips.

Trips / lines do not start getting good until you see atleast 10 a/c at a base.

What sux is that we are only going to get to take a look at the FEB lines before we have to decide to bid IAD or not. I was hoping the bid wouldn't close until mid FEB. I would imagine when they add the remaning cities, that there will be more trip diversity...at least I hope so. I'm gonna bid it cause I'm tired of sitting SCR in ATL for 2+ years. Gonna be a tougher commute but I'll swap that to get off reserve and make some extra $$ finally.

Will IAD crews be allowed to swap trips for open ATL trips?

Latest resources

Back