ASA Travel Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PalmettoPilot

Fact or Fiction? Saw this post on another web site... I was surprised it wasn't here first.

"It's has been confirmed our travel benefits are changing.... Worse than we all thought... Here's the story... This is fact. I do not comment until I know the facts and prove it's not a rumor... Two weeks ago the flight attendant supervisors, Chief pilots and ground supervisors had a meeting with Skywest personal. The meeting was about the change in travel benefits. At the meeting they were all told that ASA team members traveling on delta will be a S3C. We all expected this but they were also told them that we will be S3C's on ASA also. So we will be bumped on our own airline.... the reason given is because delta owns our seats not ASA or Skywest.. In this meeting they were also told that we will get 4 buddy passes a year instead of the 8 we get now and that we have to choose between our parents or companion to be on our travel benefits. You, guys that are married luck out and can have your spouse and parents. Also at your yearly anniversary you will need to pay $50 to activate your PPR card and travel benefits.

THIS INFO WAS MADE PUBLIC FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS. MANY FA'S AND PILOTS THAT HEARD THIS RESIGNED. SO THE SUPERVISORS AND CHIEF PILOTS GOT A E-MAIL AND FAX SAYING TO STOP TELLING EVEYONE ABOUT THE CHANGE. THEY WERE TOLD TO TELL ANYONE THAT INQUIRES ABOUT THE CHANGES THAT IT IS STILL IN NEGOTATIONS AND THEY DON'T KNOW ANYMORE INFO... THEY WERE TOLD THAT WITH THAT MANY PEOPLE QUITING IN THAT SHORT OF TIME THEY WOULD BE VERY SHORT STAFFED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. THEY WERE ALSO SCARED MANY FA'S WOULD CALL IN SICK AROUND THE HOLIDAY'S. ALSO THEY WERE TOLD THAT THE ANNOUNCENT WOULD BE MADE THE 1ST WEEK IN JANUARY AND THAT THE CHANGES IN BENEFITS WOULD TAKE EFFECT THE MIDDLE OF JULY. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S WEIRD THAT WE HAVE TWO TRAINING CLASS OVERLAPPING THIS MONTH. THIS IS ALSO THE SAME MONTH THAT THEY ARE ASKING CURRENT FA'S TO TAKE TTOWP IN ATL. LOOKS LIKE THEY EXPECT SOME FA'S TO QUIT SOON.

I thing everyone is hearing the same rumors."

ASA travel "Non Benefits"

I'm sure that since we are less than 3 weeks from the 90 day deadline it is worked out.

They (ASA, DAL, and SKYW) are going to hit us before Christmas. "Happy Holidays, travel benefits will suck, and we won't negotiate a contract until we feel we can bend you over and stick straight up you A$$."

This is total BS. You cannot tell me that they've not ironed out the details. DAL is giving employees $100 bonus (Nov) for meeting certain company goals. Sh*t, SKYW just posted a huge profit last quarter. WTF? I know ASA is not the best, but we are making money. Tell us already. But in reality, they won't say a thing, fearing a F/A walk out. I say F/A because they mostly stay for the pass benefits.

That whole thing has been posted before, the first time I saw it was about 1.5 months ago. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Until I see it in an official publication I'm not going to lose any sleep about it.

Unity

I agree, the best thing for all of us to do is to fly legally and support our MEC. We need to stick together against all of these evil managment tactics.

Welcome to the SKYW family! The DL travel bennies here SUCK!!! And, if you are married, good for you, you get much better flight benefits than us single people.

I call B.S on this.
No pilot would quit after hearing a rumor, no matter how substantiated. FA's I believe may quit if this was official, rampers and gate agents too.

That said, this is going to suck....

I don't think Pilots are going to quit. F/A's put up with too much BS to begin with. Between Passengers, MGT, and Pilots, the travel benefits (and they were Great at ASA) are the only things worth the headache. I'd never quit for travel benefits and any pilot who says they would is either insane or a liar.

Well, he could have won the "Mega Millions" lottery and using the benefits as excuse. If it were me, I'd keep quiet and fly to the furthest destination, quit 5 minutes before departure, buy a ticket and demand to know why we are not leaving on time. Lol...

atlcrashpad said:
If it were me, I'd keep quiet and fly to the furthest destination, quit 5 minutes before departure, buy a ticket and demand to know why we are not leaving on time. Lol...
That's beautiful!

22 Days left in the 90 day agreement. I should think it has been ironed out by now. Maybe Willy will call us on "Turkey Day" to tell us ASA/DAL is sticking the drumstick up our A$$.

It would not surprise me to find out that we will get boarded after a "Buddy" pass riders. Is there any priority below S4? S99Z?

Come on "BL" spill the beans. Tell us how we've lost all our travel benefits and you want us to take concessions. Or perhaps Willy can call X-mas morning with the "Good" news.

Last edited:

Just noticed on Travelnet under my account, they've added another column S3C. It's coming....

Latest resources

Back