ASA Travel Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phony Marconi said:
But until we make an official announcement – even if it's after Dec. 8 – your travel privileges will continue unchanged.

That's my favorite line.

$10 says on 12/8 we hear something like this, "Well, the negotiations aren't quite complete and we have a couple loose ends to tie up, but we will have an answer for you as soon as possible. [Insert random phrase about challenges here.] The good news is that nothing will change until we make an announcement."

ASA Travel benefits

Sweptback,

That is exactly what is going to happen. They ( Management) are going to wait until the busy holiday travel season is over, thereby avoiding a mass F/A walk out. They are not stupid, they know exactly what to do and what not to do. Especially the rumor of DAL getting S3 on ASA flights and we will get S3C on or own flights. It is a clever move to keep us busy "infighting" while they do nothing.

They also look at this message board and others to see if it is working.

Mr. Labrecque was in the crew lounge last night here in ATL. He stressed that negotiations are still in the works and that he is spending around 70% of his time every day on this issue. He said when he has a final answer it will be conveyed to all employees ASAP. Also that the implementation of the changes would probably be around 3 months once finalized

How about only one Delta jumpseater...just like us when riding on them. I know for a fact I will deny boarding to any delta employee on my aircraft when I know there is an ASA employee commuting to work. If that don't work add fuel, and nobody gets on.

I am tired of getting screwed..

Stand up for yourself.

atlcrashpad said:
Sweptback,

That is exactly what is going to happen. They ( Management) are going to wait until the busy holiday travel season is over, thereby avoiding a mass F/A walk out. They are not stupid, they know exactly what to do and what not to do. Especially the rumor of DAL getting S3 on ASA flights and we will get S3C on or own flights. It is a clever move to keep us busy "infighting" while they do nothing.

They also look at this message board and others to see if it is working.

Not to mention the above and below the wing employees. Many are immigrants who use the travel to get themselves and their families back and forth.

I don't believe for a second "they're still working on it". They've worked it all out and are waiting for the best time to announce it, just like the buy-out. It was a done deal well before the announcement, that's why 10 minutes after the announcement SKW had the web site updated (no small task). ASA has no fore-sight, but SKW plans well in advance.

I don't doubt that we'll even be S3c on our own planes, it would be the norm around here. If we're not, then it's either because they feared the backlash, or let it leak out that it would be worse than it's going to be so that when we see the final results we'll be happy that it wasn't as bad as we thought.

Maybe it's just paranoia, but after working here for 6 years, I've seen for myself how they do things, and now I just expect it.

If this does happen, all DCI carriers will be S3C on their own airline, it will not be just ASA employees that are pissed but Skywest, CHQ employees as well. I do not see a priority change just a charge to travel

Sinca3 said:
Mr. Labrecque was in the crew lounge last night here in ATL. He stressed that negotiations are still in the works and that he is spending around 70% of his time every day on this issue.
What? An Airline President spends 70% of his day negotiating pass benefits?

Perhaps he meant to say that 70% of the questions he answers relate to pass benefits.

Anyway, I would take the old system where ASA has higher priority than anyone else on our flights and the Company throws in a couple of positive space passes like we used to get for perfect attendance. After a few months all the Delta employees, especially the commuters, would be begging for a return to the current system.

If our Airline's President spends only 30% percent of his time running the airline, we must be doing pretty good!

If they really degrade our pass benefits there will be a sick out that parallels the day after Company Christmas Party, a Jimmy Buffett concert and Christmas Day all at the same time. We pilots might not be able to pull it off legally, but the rampers.... that's another story. What have they got to lose?

Last edited:
wms said:
or let it leak out that it would be worse than it's going to be so that when we see the final results we'll be happy that it wasn't as bad as we thought.

quote]

ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner!

Same thing you can expect on our contract, me thinks....eventually.

Sinca3 said:
Mr. Labrecque was in the crew lounge last night here in ATL. He stressed that negotiations are still in the works and that he is spending around 70% of his time every day on this issue. He said when he has a final answer it will be conveyed to all employees ASAP. Also that the implementation of the changes would probably be around 3 months once finalized

BL doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I'm going to guess he is spending 70% of his time trying to understand the new pass changes!
There are probably some big words in there that he has to pass to his secretary to look up on the web.

Latest resources

Back