ASA to still furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guys it sucks and the job market is nada:uzi:

Personally I don't see a fourlough right now. For a fourlough to be cost effective it needs to be several months in duration, and with the unknowns out there like Mesa, and Delta possibly dumping another regional, I think we will keep what we have. I have heard that the 700 is short staffed, not sure if that is accurate, if that is the case then adding 10 900's will just add to that and cause atleast some transfers from the 50. Add that to the fact that the company can only fourlough 150 or so do to the no fourlough clause, and now it really doesn't make sense to unload 50 low paid FO's. Hopefully the volutary stuff will net some looking for a long absense. The guys here that are doing this for fun, like the Doctor who is an FO, and a couple of practicing lawyers will take the long LOA. Lets hope that our leadership wants to keep everybody here as long as possible, even if it means 75 hours for everybody else through the summer.

Well, I think that yes there will be, but they may delay them a little bit to see if they can win some more 900 flying that is going to be out for bid in a month or two. Long term hope for the majors to start hiring, or yes you will see a lot of people hit the street.

Personally I don't see a fourlough right now. For a fourlough to be cost effective it needs to be several months in duration, and with the unknowns out there like Mesa, and Delta possibly dumping another regional, I think we will keep what we have. I have heard that the 700 is short staffed, not sure if that is accurate, if that is the case then adding 10 900's will just add to that and cause atleast some transfers from the 50. Add that to the fact that the company can only fourlough 150 or so do to the no fourlough clause, and now it really doesn't make sense to unload 50 low paid FO's. Hopefully the volutary stuff will net some looking for a long absense. The guys here that are doing this for fun, like the Doctor who is an FO, and a couple of practicing lawyers will take the long LOA. Lets hope that our leadership wants to keep everybody here as long as possible, even if it means 75 hours for everybody else through the summer.

WTF is a "four lough"??? Lots of things do come to mind.....

Sorry, my bad.

Tarzan, your right I haven't been around long; 12 years now seems like yesterday. Thanks for correcting me, now I feel better. I'll go back to lurker status now.

P.S. How long have you been around?

On FI? Long enough to not take very much seriously here. ;)

Aviatin' for 7 now. Did a few years in the military prior to this gig. Better places to sleep flying planes for sure. Fighting positions and poncho liners just don't measure up to Crown Plaza's or even Holiday Inn's.

Joe,
I heard almost the same thing as you posted. Cancelling the furlough announcement on the 2nd; but, nothing about recrunching the numbers. Hope you are wrong. Happy New Year all.

Latest resources

Back