ASA to still furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

It appears those in the know say that we are still going to furlough... if we get the one 70 back and 10 new frames, even if they draw down schedule. Seem strange.... any thoughts?

Tomorrow's the 1st.

I guess you haven't been around long. Everyone knows if it is entered in the Hallowed Halls of FI it must, in fact, be the truth. Pull your head out and get with the program! Tomorrow is now the second of January. Good news is, I'm already into the second day of my three day!

Originally to furlough on 1/2 (around 167)....That has been postponed while they re-crunch the new numbers....

By my math, the CRJ-900 airframes don't equal the ATR (10 vs. 12) that we just recently got rid of. All ATR pilots absorbed into CRJ list. Before that happened we were so fat on pilots that I know of FO's that had to maintain currency in the Simulator. I did a pro-check a few months back with a guy that had not been called out in 75 days. All this on the busy summer schedule. 10 planes needs 50 CA's, and 50 FO's. We have more than that in excess.

I hate to say it, but a furlough may be on the plate. I think with management knowing that the voluntary furlough lasting until spring 2010, they are predicting that Mainline might not hire until then. The 900's may just be to lessen the sting of a possible furlough.

Before that happened we were so fat on pilots that I know of FO's that had to maintain currency in the Simulator. I did a pro-check a few months back with a guy that had not been called out in 75 days.

Those f/o's were sent back to training b/c they needed additional training per LCP that flew with them, it wasn't to maintain currency.

Latest resources

Back