• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your cute little nicknames are so 5th grader! Do you fly to LaGarbage and Filthydelphia too? So clever, and yet original.

I'm guessing he's a 'One Taco' kinda guy. My latest favorite is the 'in the box, on the rocks' comment when verifying the runway.

I'm guessing he's a 'One Taco' kinda guy. My latest favorite is the 'in the box, on the rocks' comment when verifying the runway.

Holy crap! Never heard that one....thankfully. And I'm sure he calls "Chit Taco in sight!

My balls say...

4 700s from horizon, more to come as they phase out into 2011.

All instrs, no line flying begining July, back to work teaching and may hire more.

CMR moves crew base to DTW with only 200s... 700 & 900s go bye bye.

After all pilots back at ASA look for up to 450 new hires.

Oh yeah, I would say that with MESA in BK that ASA/Skywest INC will lease the 700 & 900s from Bombardier.

Also, look for Mesaba and Compass to be purchased by ASA/Skywest INC.

Hey I'm into chicks and all....but this just gave me a chubby.

My balls say...

4 700s from horizon, more to come as they phase out into 2011.

All instrs, no line flying begining July, back to work teaching and may hire more.

CMR moves crew base to DTW with only 200s... 700 & 900s go bye bye.

After all pilots back at ASA look for up to 450 new hires.

Oh yeah, I would say that with MESA in BK that ASA/Skywest INC will lease the 700 & 900s from Bombardier.

Also, look for Mesaba and Compass to be purchased by ASA/Skywest INC.

The first move on the chess board....

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=133467

ASA to JFK- NO WAY! That's how my Captain's bid will be. Not a fit for me, but possibly for some other folks. I'd be more than happy to smile and give that one away.

I wonder what was up with Scott's email? Who puts their bid in for Captain, then pulls it out if they think they won't hold it? It isn't like there is a shortage of people that already have their bid in..........................

ASA to JFK- NO WAY! That's how my Captain's bid will be. Not a fit for me, but possibly for some other folks. I'd be more than happy to smile and give that one away.

I wonder what was up with Scott's email? Who puts their bid in for Captain, then pulls it out if they think they won't hold it? It isn't like there is a shortage of people that already have their bid in..........................

I think Scott was playing the "Look at me, I have information you don't, na-na-na-na boo-boo..." game.

I really can't come up with a business need for him to send that email. I did a quick check, there are over a 100 bids for upgrades. I don't think that anyone in their wildest dreams anticipates a 100 upgrades at ASA before the end of the year.

Lotsa guys are gaming the jeepers out of this bid, trying to see how close they will be to getting off reserve. The new reality of reserve is very much a game changer.

It would be quite funny if the company had to junior man into Captain slots. It most likely won't happen, but the level of reserve suckness has changed things.

Reserve has never been thought of as an infinite proposition. Thanks again, geezers.

I know of guys saying that they would do anything to get off of reserve, but no one that I know of voluntarily took the pay cut to get back to the top of the FO side. Just sayin'.

This too, however, shall soon pass. With the hint of hiring on the horizon, recalls, and upgrades, there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Latest resources

Back