• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are recalling for a good reason. PBS would really make this awash and not require recalls. More planes on the way.
Except that I think they furloughed to the max in anticipation of PBS passing, intentionally running us short now so we would be properly staffed when PBS kicked in. They weren't counting on 4 700s to replace the 6 200s. So I think the previous poster was correct--this is a wash for now.

Not to say that future growth won't mean future recalls, though.

Now lets hope they can place the 6 200's with United!

Four aircraft initially for Vietnam and 20 positions per seat was my understanding. Anyone with actual creditable info? Wait......this IS flightinfo......my bad.

Four aircraft initially for Vietnam and 20 positions per seat was my understanding. Anyone with actual creditable info? Wait......this IS flightinfo......my bad.

That's gotta be the best Avatar I've seen yet.

Except that I think they furloughed to the max in anticipation of PBS passing, intentionally running us short now so we would be properly staffed when PBS kicked in. They weren't counting on 4 700s to replace the 6 200s. So I think the previous poster was correct--this is a wash for now.

Not to say that future growth won't mean future recalls, though.

Technically we weren't running short at all. Management spread the lines out to save money. But they spread it to the point there weren't enough reserves. Shouldn't be a problem next month with the rise of the line values.

Technically we weren't running short at all. Management spread the lines out to save money. But they spread it to the point there weren't enough reserves. Shouldn't be a problem next month with the rise of the line values.

PBS can't get here fast enough. Reserves should not be used to cover open time.

What else are you going to do with 120 reserves for 308 lines? There are very few sick calls in the overall scheme of things. All those guys would block next to nothing if not assigned trips. Now, If you want to make 50+ more lines and only have a handful of reserves every day, then I'm with you.

Does anybody else staff this way? I mean 120 reserves for 308 lines are you kidding me?

How incompetent is scheduling anyway?

Latest resources

Back