Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sigh........

(film of an old record player skipping)

"apply to NJA, NJI is done hiring off the street(skip) apply to NJA, NJI is done hiring off the street(skip)"

How about from DAL to NJA or NJI?

How about it?

We have MANY former Delta pilots working for us. The ones I have talked to like it.

Got a friend at ASA.. 7 years there. Thinking of coming to NJA... thoughts?

I'm in the same boat and sent in my resume a couple weeks ago. I was waiting for NJA to open some domiciles where I'd like to live. I used to fly corporate and charter and my dream was always to be an airline pilot. I'd miss being in an airline but the culture at ASA has caused me to reconsider the dream in favor of an environment that doesn't adversely affect my whole family. A good company says "let's make things as good as possible for our employees as long as the cost is reasonable and the mission is completed." By not keeping the OCC in check ASA mgmt has allowed a culture of "how bad can we make it before the employees stop working." The only good dept at ASA has been flight standards and that is because of the director and manager. But the contract and some mgmt changes is changing all of that. Time to go.

I'm in the same boat and sent in my resume a couple weeks ago. I was waiting for NJA to open some domiciles where I'd like to live. I used to fly corporate and charter and my dream was always to be an airline pilot. I'd miss being in an airline but the culture at ASA has caused me to reconsider the dream in favor of an environment that doesn't adversely affect my whole family. A good company says "let's make things as good as possible for our employees as long as the cost is reasonable and the mission is completed." By not keeping the OCC in check ASA mgmt has allowed a culture of "how bad can we make it before the employees stop working." The only good dept at ASA has been flight standards and that is because of the director and manager. But the contract and some mgmt changes is changing all of that. Time to go.

Well, Netjets sort of represents a good compromise - it is like a corporate "airline" in that it offers fixed schedules and top-notch training. I have a few friends at Netjets and they love it. The new TA is drawing a lot of attention from 121 pilots - especially the new domicile list.

I left ASA in october to come to NJ after 5 years at ASA. I had just upgraded to the crj 200 and had not even finished my 100 hours in 120 days.. I think i flew 65 hours as Captain. It was not a tough decsion. The hardest part of the decision for me was if I go to NJ I am not going to get any PIC turbine for a while and therefore am committing to NJ for the long haul.... BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!

Latest resources

Back