ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Silent Partner

Had a line check and the IP informed me that the company was going to furlough 100 in Jan - Feb time frame. Anyone else hear of this?

Also a friend of mine who is at Delta said they got a memo from Delta saying they are not going to hire until the end of 2009 due to how the economy is going. Anyone know of this also?

Possible... How would the IP know anyhow?

i hear that we have the same amount of block hours for jan as we do in dec. seems pointess to put people on the street for 3 months if our cyclical schedule comes back in spring as usual. but who knows pref bids seem like they are coming and that seems to allow more efficiency and to do more with less

Had a line check and the IP informed me that the company was going to furlough 100 in Jan - Feb time frame. Anyone else hear of this?

Also a friend of mine who is at Delta said they got a memo from Delta saying they are not going to hire until the end of 2009 due to how the economy is going. Anyone know of this also?
No memo went out at Delta with anything about hiring.

I've heard we are converting the spare rj's into bombers and sending them over to bomb France in the spring anyone hear that one. Maybe if we do that we can start hiring again for our new bombing operations.

Don't listen to the IPs. Some of them put rumors out there and wait and see how long it takes to come full circle to them again. Somebody in skunk works is laughing right now at this thread.

Latest resources

Back