• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to displace again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the hell would anyone be a street captain at Gojets when all you need to be is an rj FO? Delta doesn't give a flying F... if you've been captain or not.

The only FOs Delta has hired recently were either female, minority, or those with some serious connections inside (in many cases all of the above, or at least two out of three).

What happens when another mainline disappears or consolidates? What happens if the economy continues to decline and the majors right size to match reduced demand?

The only FOs Delta has hired recently were either female, minority, or those with some serious connections inside (in many cases all of the above, or at least two out of three).

That is, factually, incorrect. Let me fix it for you...

The only FOs, that I know of, that Delta has hired recently were either female, minority, or those with some serious connections inside (in many cases all of the above, or at least two out of three).

What happens when another mainline disappears or consolidates? What happens if the economy continues to decline and the majors right size to match reduced demand?

Ok, so you're a "glass is half empty" type, I get that. Back this subject of this thread, wouldn't it be better to run a little fat until one of those things happen (you can displace relatively quickly if you end up needing to) in case it goes the other way and things actually get better? If the hiring does start, ASA is going to be in a VERY bad situation very quickly.

Not a glass half empty, just looking at all sides and all possibilities. There are so many running around with a burn this place down mentality. What if the big hiring boom does not happen.

As far as what will happen at ASA, I imagine Delta is drooling at the prospect of us not being able to staff. They are so badly wanting to send our 50's to the desert, this would make it easy for them. Again, a way to 'right size'.

Not a glass half empty, just looking at all sides and all possibilities. There are so many running around with a burn this place down mentality. What if the big hiring boom does not happen.

As far as what will happen at ASA, I imagine Delta is drooling at the prospect of us not being able to staff. They are so badly wanting to send our 50's to the desert, this would make it easy for them. Again, a way to 'right size'.
By implication, you think our management is setting us up to suffer again?

Latest resources

Back