• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to displace again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think you'll see DAL hire next year. Maybe more like Autumn 2013.

That may not be true. Rumor has it there may be additional early out offers to the senior guys to mitigate the eventual huge amount leaving all at once. They know the numbers, and they also have been hugely profitable this year and last, making $952 million last year in bag fees alone. They had 168 guys leave the last time, and that generates a lot of training, and another one of those could initiate some hiring, maybe in the fall next year.

Godspeed!

OYS

Why the hell would anyone be a street captain at Gojets when all you need to be is an rj FO? Delta doesn't give a flying F... if you've been captain or not.

Why the hell would anyone be a street captain at Gojets when all you need to be is an rj FO? Delta doesn't give a flying F... if you've been captain or not.

If I could live in base I wouldn't think twice.

It may not be a published minimum, but TPIC is certainly still a competitive requirement for MOST Delta applicants. What if you don't want to work for Delta? TPIC and an ATP certificate are minimums for nearly everyone. What if Delta hires, then furloughs you? Where can you go then without those resume bullet-points? Everyone says the majors will soon be so desperate that it won't matter, but we are not nearly there yet. Is it really that hard to see why street captain could be tempting?

I just read CT's update, and while it did say displacements, it did not say DOWNGRADES or FURLOUGHS. When I got DOWNGRADED from CA to FO at XJT some years back, there was a lot more info than a 4 sentance paragraph. Hold tight and see how it plays out. A base displacement could occur do to a reduction in 700 flying in certain cities. I truely hope for all our ASA commrades that a major staffing change is not is store. I do know that CT did mention POSSIBLY moving the XJT FO's, currently ASA FO's who accept recall to ASA as part of the merger, back to XJT. I am not saying it will happen, but before everyone goes off all half-cocked, do not jump to conclusions about the word "displacements". He even mentioned vacancies in IAD. If they furlough/downgrade, it would be absolute shame. XJT is still hiring, so I am sure furloughs would be given spots at XJT as long as we continue to do so. CA downgrades would be in a much worse spot, and after going through it myself already, it sucks.

Last edited:
I just read CT's update, and while it did say displacements, it did not say DOWNGRADES or FURLOUGHS. When I got DOWNGRADED from CA to FO at XJT some years back, there was a lot more info than a 4 sentance paragraph. Hold tight and see how it plays out. A base displacement could occur do to a reduction in 700 flying in certain cities. I truely hope for all our ASA commrades that a major staffing change is not is store. I do know that CT did mention POSSIBLY moving the XJT FO's, currently ASA FO's who accept recall to ASA as part of the merger, back to XJT. I am not saying it will happen, but before everyone goes off all half-cocked, do not jump to conclusions about the word "displacements". He even mentioned vacancies in IAD. If they furlough/downgrade, it would be absolute shame. XJT is still hiring, so I am sure furloughs would be given spots at XJT as long as we continue to do so. CA downgrades would be in a much worse spot, and after going through it myself already, it sucks.

That's also the way I read it too. Displacement. Not downgrades. The part about IAD having vacancies leads me to believe the displacement will be ATL CRJ. He did make a very general and basic statement though so who knows.

Delta's merry-go-round with the Delta Connection carriers. Your displacements on the other side of the coin means direct entry Captain openings at GoJets. Anybody under 40 who thinks staying at a Delta Connection carrier is a stable long-term career needs to get their head checked. :)

EK....new roadshows in OCT in the USA.

www.ekpilot.com

If you are interested I would recommend going even if you don't have over 30 ton time. At least there will be a paper trail of your interest if you show up at the roadshows.

Latest resources

Back