• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to displace again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never knew my name would be my career calling. ef it, might see what this whole GoJet street captian in all about...... j/k

Why not?

I keep hearing ASA first officers and junior captains on here complaining about being screwed. Seems to me that you could go to GoJets as a street captain, put your two years in, then hit the beginning of the hire wave at DAL or elsewhere. Why do you guys keep putting pride ahead of career advancement. You may say you're standing on your principles, but eventually you'll be standing alone. The industry has changed, and may the sleaziest person win. Look at management!

Not saying its not going to happen, but I didn't get any email or anything about this.

Not saying its not going to happen, but I didn't get any email or anything about this.

It didn't come in an e-mail. Go to flight ops tab on ourasa, click on CT "jet stream" read transcript, I think it's in 4th paragraph.

It didn't come in an e-mail. Go to flight ops tab on ourasa, click on CT "jet stream" read transcript, I think it's in 4th paragraph.

This company doesn't communicate for ********************. How many really read that Jetstream update crap? I find it funny that ALPA hasn't even heard a damn thing about this upcoming displacement either.

Thanks for all you do...please enjoy your pay cut, but hey, at least you'll be off reserve!

I've moved up 5 this month and 5 last month. I've heard several people behind me leaving as well. Apparently its not enough.

Here we go again... According to CT, due to the loss of 6 airframes, we'll see a displacement bid in the next week or so. CRJ Reserve Captains have been worked to death all year and you would think this loss of planes would actually bring us closer to being properly staffed. Nope, wouldn't want our reserves sitting at home being used like they're supposed to, to cover sick calls and IROPS, so lets send 'em back to the right seat just before we lose a boatload of Captains when the hiring gets going in the coming months.

Here's what I can't wait for and I look forward to pointing back to this post at some time in the future...

ASA will go into a complete meltdown when pilots begin leaving in droves. Management will claim they didn't see it coming even though a complete idiot can see what's about to happen. They'll be plenty of 200% pay to pick up open time as they scramble to deal with the mess and massive numbers of flights will be cancelled due to lack of crews. But as always, while they're bending us over to cover their incompetence, there will always be the TFAYD memos to inspire us onward:rolleyes:, even though we haven't seen our families for weeks.

Sorry for the rant but this stuff is starting to get old.

(And don't you worry Joe, before you say what you always say, I'll be happy to leave at the earliest possible opportunity to leave you to serve out your life sentence at a regional since you couldn't make the cut at a major.)

I highlighted the problem I see, just "Starting" to get old? You guys should be way past "starting".

(And don't you worry Joe, before you say what you always say, I'll be happy to leave at the earliest possible opportunity to leave you to serve out your life sentence at a regional since you couldn't make the cut at a major.)

We have a lot of people here who have been here for 20+ years because this was, at some point, a place where with some seniority, you could hold great schedules and still do well financially. Most guys I fly with that are over 10 years of seniority lament that despite all the poor leadership from the GO in the past couple decades, they were still working 3on-4off, having never touched 4 day trips.

I now routinely fly with people over 15 years of seniority (usually more) who are working 4 day trips and still don't have full weekends off. More significantly, many of these people are now considering moving onto other carriers because staying here, although once a seemingly good prospect, doesn't make sense anymore.

Guys like Joe are lucky because guys like Joe came here early enough and have spent most of their career being senior, and currently are among the only guys who can hold what's remaining of the good trips. But even then, to do so, he's got to be on the 50 seater flying 5-6 legs a day and spending 9 hour layovers in MS and AL.

Either way, this company is going to bleed next year and no one is going to stay that can move on, because this management group hasn't given us a reason to.

Last edited:
Either way, this company is going to bleed next year and no one is going to stay that can move on, because this management group hasn't given us a reason to.

I think that's part of the point. Lowering the average longevity of the company is a cost savings measure. The company is entirely run by the bean counters. I truly don't think that the company wants it's employees to stay here, they would rather have it being a revolving door. It's sad that they don't want to retain hard working professionals, but it's hard to put that on an Excel spreadsheet I guess.

It's not the end of the tunnel though, that's the headlight of the train headed our way. Or maybe this doom and gloom is a tactic in contract negotiations.

Latest resources

Back