ASA to displace again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASACRJFlyer

Here we go again... According to CT, due to the loss of 6 airframes, we'll see a displacement bid in the next week or so. CRJ Reserve Captains have been worked to death all year and you would think this loss of planes would actually bring us closer to being properly staffed. Nope, wouldn't want our reserves sitting at home being used like they're supposed to, to cover sick calls and IROPS, so lets send 'em back to the right seat just before we lose a boatload of Captains when the hiring gets going in the coming months.

Here's what I can't wait for and I look forward to pointing back to this post at some time in the future...

ASA will go into a complete meltdown when pilots begin leaving in droves. Management will claim they didn't see it coming even though a complete idiot can see what's about to happen. They'll be plenty of 200% pay to pick up open time as they scramble to deal with the mess and massive numbers of flights will be cancelled due to lack of crews. But as always, while they're bending us over to cover their incompetence, there will always be the TFAYD memos to inspire us onward:rolleyes:, even though we haven't seen our families for weeks.

Sorry for the rant but this stuff is starting to get old.

(And don't you worry Joe, before you say what you always say, I'll be happy to leave at the earliest possible opportunity to leave you to serve out your life sentence at a regional since you couldn't make the cut at a major.)

Who is leaving shart for brains? Who is hiring? 100 guys for southwest....100 for Virgin America...a few for Jet Blue. Delta sure as ******************** isn't hiring until the end of 2012. The economy is in the toilet; airlines can afford to shrink and won't feel a thing. How many are looking or jobs....a lot. There will be no meltdown. You can point back to it but no time soon. Give me a break.

Delta's merry-go-round with the Delta Connection carriers. Your displacements on the other side of the coin means direct entry Captain openings at GoJets. Anybody under 40 who thinks staying at a Delta Connection carrier is a stable long-term career needs to get their head checked. :)

Who is leaving shart for brains? Who is hiring? 100 guys for southwest....100 for Virgin America...a few for Jet Blue. Delta sure as ******************** isn't hiring until the end of 2012. The economy is in the toilet; airlines can afford to shrink and won't feel a thing. How many are looking or jobs....a lot. There will be no meltdown. You can point back to it but no time soon. Give me a break.

I'm not sure where they are going but we have LOTS of people leaving.

Never knew my name would be my career calling. ef it, might see what this whole GoJet street captian in all about...... j/k

Here we go again... According to CT, due to the loss of 6 airframes, we'll see a displacement bid in the next week or so. CRJ Reserve Captains have been worked to death all year and you would think this loss of planes would actually bring us closer to being properly staffed. Nope, wouldn't want our reserves sitting at home being used like they're supposed to, to cover sick calls and IROPS, so lets send 'em back to the right seat just before we lose a boatload of Captains when the hiring gets going in the coming months.

You really expected the company to keep 70+/- captains so that reserves could have more than 11 days off a month? Welcome to reality! The next part of the puzzle is how senior the gAyTL will go as the 50's are moved to memphis/detroit/wherever-else-delta-wants-them-besides-atlanta.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back