• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to Commit Schedule Suicide for June

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone, now wait just a minute!!! You forgot one important thing...

Mesa Sucks!!!

Ok, now back to our original discussion...

Going to be a blast doing a 20 min turn at an outstation while swapping fa's.
I can here it now talk talk talk talk......... "oh my god how have you been...... you know who I saw the other day...........have you seen ..... from our new hire class............ what are flying next month...............................................
Bad idea just b/c they are short staffed.

It will work. You will have quick turns, show up to an airplane and it will be boarded and go. They will come to ATL have a three to five hr sit and then have every thing ready and in the middle of the boarding process when you show up.

I have been able to do a 20 min turn in a 767 with a plane change and a different concourse because of this. It works out well for us, but not so efficient for them.
IMHO I bed with the jetways on C you will see a change in policy in regards to needing a pilot on board prior to boarding. You will just leave it powered up and on ground power so they can board.

What? You gotta be sh1ttin me. We sit for three hours with a plane and these buffoons on C or D still can't get us out on time.

Me: Ops, we need fuel, lav dump, catering, cleaning.
Ops: Dats a gud copy.

45 minutes later.....
Me: Ops, we still need everything and the pax are about to be boarded. Can't board if the plane is dirty.
Ops: Copy.

20 minutes later....
Me: Ops, we need fuel and send catering back to the plane. We still need the lavs dumped.

Later, we check to see who the delay was on and you guessed it: Crew, late checklist.

How in the ******************** is this supposed to work when Delta can't get the rest of their ducks in a row?

Delta and ASA always dump their problems on the front-line people. They cut the staffing and say- make it work. At mainline, it's not the pilots' problem. At ASA and other DCI "airlines" it all winds up on the pilots and flight attendants. As they say, ******************** rolls downhill.

We did for a while have boarding with just the FA's, but I think it went away or never really got off the ground

but that's the problem, typically the airplane stays with the CA if not the CA and FO. They try to keep the airplane with the pilots, not the FA, so the FA cannot pre-board without us since we also have the plane...

scenario:
pull into D36T, off load the pax, 3 wheel chairs, no one shows up for the meet and assist for at least 15 minutes, oops, one is a straight back chair, I think they have one on the C-concourse... finally everyone is off 30 minutes after we got there. FAs swap out 10 mins later since new FA's previous flight was late. She throws her stuff on board and we're ready for the pax 10 mins before D-0... gate agent starts sending the pax one by one, a few get lost and try to board other airplanes, some put their pink tags on the wrong baggage thingy... finally we get everyone on by 5 mins past D-0 and the fueler has finally showed up. D-0+15 we're ready for pushback but it's shift-change in da ATL-hole and the ramp is clogged with the afternoon rush. D-0+30 we're finally rolling backwards... let's go play in traffic. Metering on the south-side and we're assigned Rwy28.

A-14!? fughedaboutiiiit

Last edited:
I'd like to see that slick haired Dick Anderson get his ass over to the bottom of D27 and see how his company treats persons with disabilities and um's in that freaking holding cage. I bet those parents wonder where their kids pick up the f bomb and ebonics speech after 30 minutes in that joint. Delta you can do better than that!

I'd like to see that slick haired Dick Anderson get his ass over to the bottom of D27 and see how his company treats persons with disabilities and um's in that freaking holding cage. I bet those parents wonder where their kids pick up the f bomb and ebonics speech after 30 minutes in that joint. Delta you can do better than that!

Delta's not totally to blame. The blame lies with affirmative action. An unnecessary relic of a by-gone age.

The actions the company is taking are in-line to try and get the summer skd done w/ as few disruptions as possible. While building pairings that keep the entire crew together for the whole month was convenient for us it never was efficient. When you have a different number of F/A vs F/O and CA positions by seperating them it gives the company and crewmembers more options. While we may be swapping out crewmembers more often, as stated, this has been done at other carriers for a long time now so we are simply catching up and not breaking new ground here. The auto-board process w/o pilots onboard can only be done on gate w/ ground power and air (for the summer months). On occassion I would expect tho see RR F/As fill in to expedite boarding if the skd F/A was running late.

As for the new MTC procedure in ATL, what do you do at an outstation when a deferable item breaks. You call MCC and have it defered. Why can't you follow the same process in ATL? Why should I pull a mechanic off an A/C with an item that cannot be defered just to fill out paperwork that I can do myself?

As for the room on D-conc for WC and UMs, this is only a transfer room and not a "holding pin". They are only there long enough to confirm a gate and have someone take them out. If a child has a lengthy L/O then they are taken to Dusty's Den. This job has nothing to do with AA as I have been there and done that years ago. It is a low paying thank-less job that many people simply don't want yet these people do and they have gotten better.

While it is not a perfect system it is a viable system.

Latest resources

Back