ASA to Commit Schedule Suicide for June

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASApuppy

Anyone gander at their June schedule on SkedPlus+? In case you haven't, I'll let you in one a little tidbit... Apperantly, crew planning got some idea that our F/A's need to be on a different planet. Just about every time I come through ATL next month, I swap F/A's. Some trips I have them for only one leg. Swaps in outstations too. I have one 4 day trip with 12 total legs and 8 different F/A's. I would love to know what metric they are trying to optimize by doing this.

Clearly this will go as smooth as a baby's butt as I sit around at D36 waiting for the rest of my crew that just parked at C57 with a 40 min turn. Glad we are in the new lounge as we will need it to park all the ready reserves that will need to be called in.

It is May 19th, and I'd like to be the first to declare we will not meet our on-time goals for June. Worst part is, we, who actually run the flights, can do absolutely nothing about this. Our hands are tied, hog-style.

people on here will bash you if you say crew planning isn't doing a good job. we are being cheap afterall!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see who came up with this idea and what their explanation is. No need to reinvent the wheel.

On a side note, I know we all hate Captain's that say they "fly standard" in their briefing, but I will be sick to death if I have to brief FA's 10 different times over a 4-day period.

I'm really seeing the benefits of saying, "1:15 to ge there, no weather in the area, everything else standard." (or something like that).

Just as a side note, we do this everyday at Delta. It can actually help sometimes. You can be running a few minutes late and the flight attendants are already there boarding.

We used to do that years ago at Pinnacle. Its definitely cheaper as the flight attendants can be worked harder due to a lack of flight time restrictions but throw in a bad weather day and you are screwed when everyone misconnects due to delayed flights. Expect your on-time and completion numbers to take a hit.

We used to do that years ago at Pinnacle. Its definitely cheaper as the flight attendants can be worked harder due to a lack of flight time restrictions but throw in a bad weather day and you are screwed when everyone misconnects due to delayed flights. Expect your on-time and completion numbers to take a hit.

That is the exact reason given why the company will still build the pairings when we go to PBS. It works fine at a major where they control their schedule and generally have longer turns involved. It doesn't work as well at a regional where it is not in control of when it is scheduled to come and go.
Not sure if I totally buy it but if there is ANY part of our crew planning involved, efficency drops dramatically..... I'm going to go with PBS will really suck because of this.

Just as a side note, we do this everyday at Delta. It can actually help sometimes. You can be running a few minutes late and the flight attendants are already there boarding.
That'll work well when you factor in the airplane will probably require some maintenance action, the gate will not have respected the MAX, dispatch will have probably hosed up the release, etc. This isn't mainline and will never operate like it no matter how hard the G.O. likes to think it can.

It will work. You will have quick turns, show up to an airplane and it will be boarded and go. They will come to ATL have a three to five hr sit and then have every thing ready and in the middle of the boarding process when you show up.

I have been able to do a 20 min turn in a 767 with a plane change and a different concourse because of this. It works out well for us, but not so efficient for them.
IMHO I bed with the jetways on C you will see a change in policy in regards to needing a pilot on board prior to boarding. You will just leave it powered up and on ground power so they can board.

Oh wait, pilots will now be deferring equipment in Atlanta. Sounds like a serious commitment to safety.

Latest resources

Back