ASA..Time for REHAD -- Regional Holy War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrjdriver said:
Are your pax worth it? I would hope so...

Fly Safe...
:cool:

They're not my pax. ASA choses to screw them by their mismanagement. I chose to let them.

SuperKooter said:
Here we go again the ALPAites are ready to "Burn the Mutha" down like a bunch of spoiled children oblivious the big picture.

I have yet to get an answer to the question I have been asking in almost every thread for weeks.

Is the 70 pay worth the jobs of 100 pilots?

Yes; are you satisfied?

John Pennekamp said:
They're not my pax. ASA choses to screw them by their mismanagement. I chose to let them.

Yeah, you know what, I have to agree with that. I tend to go overboard trying to help and and make things run better, because I believe the people are and should be treated like customers - not passangers. But, It is so evident to me that ASA management does not care about customers, and lacks the ability abd vision to care for them as such. One of the biggest is wheel chairs. If we did not pick up the ball on this, a wheel chair may NEVER show up at the airplane. How many times have I waited with a pax that missed their next connection while waiting? Unacceptable. But, what does ASA mismanagement and Liarbrecque do to improve this? NOTHING, is what. How about parking? Half a plane of customers missed their last flight connection one night (flights they paid for and had every reasonalable expectation to make it to) while we waited, and waited for a gate. And then, after 40+ minutes, they finally change us to a open gate that we were telling them to put us in all along! Too late, game over. How about our nice ramp, especially the end gates!!! Nice! Cones, ropes - falling down everywhere, broken down bag carts, huffers everywhere! Are we boarding a plane or doing an obstacle course? Its embarrasing, but shows nobody at ASA gives a sh!t about anyone! So, why should we pilots be the only one. Why am I walking around looking for a wheelchair when the people paid to do wont! Why isnt Liarbrecque out there on the ramp pushing a wheelchair? I bet Herb K. Gordon B or David N. wouldnt let these things happen! It is a joke, and I am done! Let it fall down around them. I'm sorry, but it wont be my fault.

Anyone ever look at the daily operations summaries? It sure is strange that in Atlanta has on average 50 to 90 crew delays coded daily while the other "hubs" SLC and CVG have zero to one.

I think the reasoning is that the ramp "always" hands up the paperwork "on time." The crew is responsible for the load manifest and closing the door.

Obviously the company is getting garbage numbers. (When ATC is responsible for 2 delays and maintenance 37) There is no way crews are responsible for twice the number of delays as ATC and Maintenance combined.

So - regardless of a "Jihad" management is getting the message that crews are responsible for more than half of all delays in ATL (but strangely no where else on the planet)

Another insteresting tid bit is that our performance numbers have been below goal since Tutt's announcement of Skywest's offensive taking of our airplanes.

79%N1 said:
Yeah, you know what, I have to agree with that. I tend to go overboard trying to help and and make things run better, because I believe the people are and should be treated like customers - not passangers. But, It is so evident to me that ASA management does not care about customers, and lacks the ability abd vision to care for them as such. One of the biggest is wheel chairs. If we did not pick up the ball on this, a wheel chair may NEVER show up at the airplane. How many times have I waited with a pax that missed their next connection while waiting? Unacceptable. But, what does ASA mismanagement and Liarbrecque do to improve this? NOTHING, is what.

Solution:

Dial the GO, ask for BL, hand your cell phone to the disabled passenger and tell them you have the CEO on the phone for them to complain to. :-}

14RF SUX

wheelchairs

Does anyone know that ASA was stupid enough to sign a contract that allows AIRSERV 15min on normal operation days to arrive for a planned wheel chair pickup?

On IROP days I believe the contract allows 20 minutes.

Key point, the clock starts after you block in. Is that not amazing?

I once wrote a RIF about this and was informed of these numbers. If you watch the clock AIRSERV meets the contract obligations on a pretty high percentage.

The problem is that some pencil head in the GO thought this was reasonable.

I think the phone to the passenger is a great idea. Just know the facts.

Medeco

14RF SUX said:
79%N1 said:
Solution:

Dial the GO, ask for BL, hand your cell phone to the disabled passenger and tell them you have the CEO on the phone for them to complain to. :-}

14RF SUX
Although you are joking be careful. A DFW Captain made the following announcement while waiting to park in ATL in an aircraft with a cabin temp over 100 degrees:

"Ladies and Gentlemen... while we are waiting to park please look in the seat pocket in front of you. In this pocket you will find a Delta SKY magazine which has a customer comment card approximately 4/5ths of the way towards the back. While we are waiting, feel free to provide your comments and thoughts on Atlantic Southeast Airlines and our service today."

As far as I know there was an overwhelming return rate on comment cards from that flight and the Captain still has the Company's disciplinary letter in his file.

:rolleyes:Yeah fins, that makes sense! The pilot guides the passengers to the only place to voice their frustration and yet HE gets in trouble! Nice mgmnt ethics. Their head is so far up their arse they can't even see straight! I agree with 79%. If ASA mgmnt does'nt care....why should we! Take that and smoke it in your pipe BL, CT and JA!!

JustaNumber said:
"...we were previously 70 lines short on the ramp, and that did not take into account any sick leave, or other leaves. ... The shortage occured over time, and while our attrition rates remain stable, attrition still outpaced new hires. "
No accountablility. Properly staffing the airline is one of the most basic of management functions you can imagine. This is the calibre of our leadership team.

You know, ASA managers have been making excuses like this for the 20+ years I have been here. Always someone else fault. Even when BL ran the ATL ramp it was focked up. At least they are giving the other employees an incentive now for on-time performance. Too bad those dang pilots won't play nice though. BL getting a big bonus too, 800,000 in stock.

atlcrjdriver, do back to your GO cubicle willya. Better yet, get off your arse and go take a look at the ramp, at night, after a line of T-storms has closed the airport. You just might see that bird that sat waiting for parking for something like 2:20 Monday night. No kidding.

And I thought we had it bad at 1:55.........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back