ASA..Time for REHAD -- Regional Holy War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
Overall, yes they probably have improved somewhat. But it is still very broken.

Agreed...

Here we go again the ALPAites are ready to "Burn the Mutha" down like a bunch of spoiled children oblivious the big picture.

I have yet to get an answer to the question I have been asking in almost every thread for weeks.

Is the 70 pay worth the jobs of 100 pilots?

Not a pilot, but a platinum Delta Million miler who flies every weak. If they cared about you, or me, they would not be the bullies they are trying to be. they would replace any lost wages with incentives. Since they are not, they are being greedy.

Most weekly commuters know what they are doing. We will not blame the pilots if we are late. I will have more respect for y'all for standing up to the bully.

ASADriver said:
What I'm saying is I don't think you can blame this entirely on ASA. I agree it is a big issue, it is a huge problem without any easy solution.

I don't know, I don't often see Delta or AirTran planes waiting for gates. I mean, it does happen, but not nearly to the scale of ASA.

Also, every time I fly on another airline into ATL, I rarely have to wait at the end of the gate box for the rampers to come out of the break room.

I agree with you on the work ethic in ATL, but obvioulsy DL and FL do something right to motivate their team to do a better job. ASA needs to find out what that something is and do it here.

Stifler's Mom said:
Easy solution. Push Bush's Immigrant Labor Law, go to the Home Depot's around the city and hire these guys to chuck bags on the planes. I guarentee you, we would see a dramatic improvement.

You got that right. The level of service in Cabo is extraordinary, as well as in Oakland earlier today. These guys and gals want to work, and have respect for there cohorts too boot. It is only a matter of time before demographics shift eastward to 'Gun'point and the surrounding locales. Maybe then there will be some improvement at THE ATL.:rolleyes:

sweptback said:
I don't know, I don't often see Delta or AirTran planes waiting for gates. I mean, it does happen, but not nearly to the scale of ASA.

Also, every time I fly on another airline into ATL, I rarely have to wait at the end of the gate box for the rampers to come out of the break room.

I agree with you on the work ethic in ATL, but obvioulsy DL and FL do something right to motivate their team to do a better job. ASA needs to find out what that something is and do it here.

Well DL and AirT are not squeezing 4.7 planes into one gate either like we are.

SuperKooter said:
Here we go again the ALPAites are ready to "Burn the Mutha" down like a bunch of spoiled children oblivious the big picture.

I have yet to get an answer to the question I have been asking in almost every thread for weeks.

Is there a guarantee that you will be the first to go???

SuperKooter said:

I don't believe that there will be a loss of 100, or even 1 job due to our contract, whether we have the highest or the lowest rates on any aircraft. We are already the lowest cost operator on the 50, crew wise, and they aren't giving us all the 50's, are they? If you want to believe that the sky is falling, go put on a helmet. There, you have your answer.

:rolleyes:guys, they are going to do whatever they want...no matter what! I will not give them 1 cent back, WE ARE MAKING MONEY!!! Stand Strong and UNITED. I will vote for a STRIKE due to the lack of respect (with many other things) that we have been dealt for many years! Good luck with that one JA or BL. You are going to NEED IT!!!

ASADriver said:
We get paid based on performance numbers. All this will do is reduce our profits making it more difficult to justify the raise some are asking for.

No we don't. We get paid per flight hour regardless of On Time Performance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back