ASA..Time for REHAD -- Regional Holy War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
Didn't the Delta ALPA get sued for not picking up open time? That would be the same wouldn't it? Just asking a question, seems like the same thing the Delta pilots got in trouble for. Could make things even worse.

Get back to work GO troll.

See that flashing light on your phone??

It's the 183 Messages you didn't return to "front line team members" who needed help.

ASADriver said:
Didn't the Delta ALPA get sued for not picking up open time? That would be the same wouldn't it? Just asking a question, seems like the same thing the Delta pilots got in trouble for. Could make things even worse.

And how exactly am I going to get in trouble for not doing someone elses job?

:laugh:Hey driver...I see that you have a 737 type, I hope that you are not expecting to get hired at SWA because you are EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of what they are looking for!

Now I don't think you mean to come across this way, but you're only one step short of saying that you wouldn't help out the CA or the FO if they got behind and needed some help in "picking up their slack." You don't help them take their bags out of the closet because it's not your job to move somebody else's bags? You wouldn't answer a radio call that they missed or even tell them about it?

I don't think that's what you meant - I hope you still look out for each other as fellow pilots at least!

;)NO turtle, we are talking about all of the "NON" flying people and THEIR jobs. No More HELP!! Yeah, Good Luck with THAT ONE Brian!

Turtlesfly said:
Now I don't think you mean to come across this way, but you're only one step short of saying that you wouldn't help out the CA or the FO if they got behind and needed some help in "picking up their slack." You don't help them take their bags out of the closet because it's not your job to move somebody else's bags? You wouldn't answer a radio call that they missed or even tell them about it?

I don't think that's what you meant - I hope you still look out for each other as fellow pilots at least!

Well, then let me rephrase. How exactly am I going to get in trouble for not doing the job of the gate agent, ramper, departure coordinator, cleaner, caterer, fueler, lav dumper, or windshield washer?

Turtlesfly said:

From the above it doesn't seem like you work in ATL. We are not saying don't help the crew out, we are saying stop doing the jobs of the people on the ramp who have a defined list of things that is THEIR job to get done. i.e. like said above there are things that are supposed to get done when the airplane comes into ATL without having to call to make sure it gets done.

Turtlesfly said:
Oh good I can rest better tonight then. :)

Even if I'm a paying customer going through ATL, give 'em hell!

:)

You know, that's why most of the crews go out of their way and do others jobs...to help the passengers. But now it's a question of short term harm for a longer term gain. Our passengers get treated like cr@p by just about everyone in ATL except for the crews. They will still be treated well on the aircraft, but it's time for the crews to stop covering for the incompetence of the support people.

Latest resources

Back