ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Unite and Fight? OK, maybe if ALPA decides it wants to unite, that might work. However in case you haven't noticed, ALPA has no interest in uniting groups that compete under each brand. If ALPA wants to come up with a unified "brand scope" or "inclusive scope", then I will fight. Without that, it is a lost cause.

Why are you still worried about this? You have moved on to "greener pastures".

I rest my case

Several reasons.........

jehtplane said:
I rest my case

So does ALPA. You can't have collective bargaining without the "collective" part. I don't understand why that is so hard for some of you to understand....

JoeMerchant said:
So does ALPA. You can't have collective bargaining without the "collective" part. I don't understand why that is so hard for some of you to understand....

OK, where does that get you right now? How are you helping get the ASA PILOTS get a fair contract? Are you gonna change ALPA's thinking right now? Do you think you are helping yourself get a fair contract right now?You may not care, but all that matters is that Almost 93% of you did!!!!!!!!

jehtplane said:
OK, where does that get you right now? How are you helping get the ASA PILOTS get a fair contract? Are you gonna change ALPA's thinking right now? Do you think you are helping yourself get a fair contract right now?You may not care, but all that matters is that Almost 93% of you did!!!!!!!!

There is a difference between a "fair contract" and an "industry leading contract". Without a solution to the whole scope/portfolio/fee-for-departure bidding war, I don't believe it is smart to have an industry leading contract. Simply put, an industry leading contract in this environment will only guarantee that you will lose flying to your fellow "brothers and sisters". I believe we should worry about the environment we operate in, rather than to just ignore it and pretend it doesn't matter.

Where does an industry leading contract get you if you end up going down the road of ACA, ALG, PDT, CCAir, CMR, or Mesaba?

I feel sorry for you John. If it wasn't for FlightInfo, you would have NO audience.

Kind of sad, truth be told.

Don Quioxte of the airline industry.

Pogue Mahone said:
I feel sorry for you John. If it wasn't for FlightInfo, you would have NO audience.

Kind of sad, truth be told.

Don Quioxte of the airline industry.

No need to feel sorry for me Pogue. Continue waving that ALPA flag, hopefully you are right and I am wrong.

I predict one of two outcomes to this "battle".

1. We settle for something far short of what we are shooting for.

or

2. We continue to hold out for an industry leading contract and our flying is shifted to SKYW.

Either way, we lose.

Kind of sad, truth be told....... but don't tell the truth around here, it isn't popular.....

The only way a meaningful contract will ever be achieved is if SKW joins ALPA and we negotiate as one collective unit. Until then SKW, Inc. will be able to play us against each other every day of the week.

Go Around, when did it become professional to b*tch? B*tching makes our pilot group look like amateurs and solves nothing. If you want to b*tch about something, go cry into a pillow or better yet, get laid. With all the b*itching you do on this board, sounds like it’s been awhile.

I hope this post was grammatically correct for you and if not, BITE ME:cool:

jehtplane said:
Far worse? Are you management now, oh wait your chick tried that and It didn't work out so well, 25%, thought it was more like 15%, and even that number is skewed, want proof, I recieved a strike ballot and I no longer work for ASA. So I guess i am in that 15%. It was 98% last time, I was there, with a little over 700 pilots, now it is 93% with double the pilot group, I would say that is pretty good, I know you are gonna turn this into ALPA bashing, CAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO, WHY DON'T YOU EXPEND SOME ENERGY IN TRYING TO SOLVE THE CURRENT PROBLEMS, OH WAIT YOU PUNKED OUT AND VOTED NO BECAUSE YOU WERE PISSED AT ALPA. Unite and Fight. Get what you guys deserve. Don't be a punk bitch

:rolleyes:Joe trying to spin a GOOD THING into ALPA BASHING!! We certainly appreciate your support Jehtplane...Thanks!

atlcrjdriver said:
The only way a meaningful contract will ever be achieved is if SKW joins ALPA and we negotiate as one collective unit. Until then SKW, Inc. will be able to play us against each other every day of the week.

Go Around, when did it become professional to b*tch? B*tching makes our pilot group look like amateurs and solves nothing. If you want to b*tch about something, go cry into a pillow or better yet, get laid. With all the b*itching you do on this board, sounds like it’s been awhile.

I hope this post was grammatically correct for you and if not, BITE ME:cool:

:rolleyes:Well guess what Jack@ss, the Skywst pilots are about to be told that they make too much by JA. Now if THAT does not make them vote in a UNION, then NOTHING will! I for one, love how the vote turned out and according to our MEC man in SLC, after the vote, the company came to the union "Supposals" (spelling) and said that they NEED to get this thing DONE!! I believe that it will serve the purpose that we wanted all along and that things will begin to pick up! Only time will tell! As far as the B!tching is concerned...atleast on here people listen and are able to VENT. Lord knows that our mgmnt team IS NOT LISTENING! They just keep looking through those "Rose Colored" glasses and thinking everything is just "Peachie!"
We'll see just how PEACHIE things are in the next few sessions!!

JoeMerchant said:
Where does an industry leading contract get you if you end up going down the road of ACA, ALG, PDT, CCAir, CMR, or Mesaba?

And what good does a crappy contract do if the same thing happens?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back