ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
I predict one of two outcomes to this "battle".

1. We settle for something far short of what we are shooting for.
or
2. We continue to hold out for an industry leading contract and our flying is shifted to SKYW.
Either way, we lose.
Kind of sad, truth be told....... but don't tell the truth around here, it isn't popular.....

C'mon John, no one is buying your gloom. Why you continue to grandstand is beyond me. Hopefully you'll recant all your rantings when we do achieve the fair contract we want. But I don't expect you to admit you were wrong so I won't hold my breath. The sky is not falling John.

Hoser

rausda27 said:
I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion about BLs' latest leadership update...

Saying BL and leadership in the same sentence is impossible without puking, or at least some serious choking.

rausda27 said:
I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion about BLs' latest leadership update...

Who cares to read BL's BS? I have better things to do, like post on flightinfo!

Hoser

So what exactly are you guys asking for? A raise, no concessions???

BTW if they do try to shift the flying out of ATL to SKYW I doubt if any SKYW pilots will do it, I know I won't. If had the pleasure of meeting a few ASA guys and I am going to do all I can to support you guys. Good Luck!

JoeMerchant said:
OK, now what?

The strike results are in. Far worse than the '97 results. Almost 25% either didn't vote, or voted no. We remain parked, and ALPA says the next move must be made by management.

What happens if management doesn't make another move and simply starts transferring assets to SKYW? What does ALPA do? What is ALPA's next move if we remain parked?

Last time I checked it was called a slow down? I thought you were up on this lingo JB?

All we want is fairness

Jeepman said:
So what exactly are you guys asking for? A raise, no concessions???

BTW if they do try to shift the flying out of ATL to SKYW I doubt if any SKYW pilots will do it, I know I won't. If had the pleasure of meeting a few ASA guys and I am going to do all I can to support you guys. Good Luck!

All we are asking for is no concessions and QOL improvements. If we could have your working agreement in "contract" form, and no cuts for 70 seat pilots,I think most of us would vote it in.

RIGHT NOW we make less than the average SKW pilot on the W2, so I will shut the place down before I make even LESS.

All we want is what amounts to a fair contract. We are not being "greedy" as some have suggested. It is possible that the current ALPA offer looks greedy to some people, but it is merely a negotiating point along the long road to an agreement.

I like the car dealer analogy. A YUGO dealer (ASA mgmt) is asking 18,000 for a new car, and ALPA is offering 12,000 with the intent to pay around 14,500. So ALPA offers 12,000 and MGMT laughs and says 18,000, no less. So ALPA offers 13,000 and MGMT says 18,000, no less. So alpa says 13,500, mgmt says 18,000, no less. So here we are. We have moved, but MGMT hasn't.

The problem is, You can get a car other places for 14,000 (SKW,XJT,CMR,CHT) sure, it is a Hyundai, Citroen, or a Trabant, but we can't even LOOK at the Mercedes/BMW yet!!

The difference is that our "used car dealer" management hasn't BUDGED on their asking price. In fact, they are telling us that if we don't buy THIS car at THIS price then they will go out of business even though the owner is making millions. That they can't survive even though the competition is selling their product for less. What would YOU do? Either go to another dealer or sit in that office ALLLLLLLLLL day!

Thank you for your support, I really hope we don't have to test SKW pilots with an ethical dilemma.

atrdriver said:
Saying BL and leadership in the same sentence is impossible without puking, or at least some serious choking.

Leadership, at ASA? You got that right atrdriver, it is a joke mentioning those two (BL & leadership) in the same sentence!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

JoeMerchant said:
OK, now what?

The strike results are in. Far worse than the '97 results. Almost 25% either didn't vote, or voted no. We remain parked, and ALPA says the next move must be made by management.

What happens if management doesn't make another move and simply starts transferring assets to SKYW? What does ALPA do? What is ALPA's next move if we remain parked?

Well Joe, our pilot group is now a little more than twice the size it was in '98. A bunch of the 15% that didn't vote tried to but were unable because they waited until the last minute and couldn't find their passwords. A bunch more were people on the list that don't work here anymore. There is also a certain percentage of people that just don't care, no matter what happens. I wouldn't say that this vote is "far worse" than the '97 vote. I would say that 92.5% is a pretty darn good majority of the pilot group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back