ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
They sound like negotiations to me. However I appreciate your answers. Now I have another question. Everyone says that it is the company's turn to move. However when I asked one of our P2P people about our high 50 seat rates we are asking for he said, "that is our opening position and that is why it is still so high". The company has moved on the rates, so if we are still on our opening rates, and the company has moved, isn't it our turn to move?

You are wrong. Negotiations entail passing papers between the parties and the agreed upon terms have weight. This is just a glorified brainstorming session. There was no mediator present and nothing was TA'd or agreed to. It was more of a philosophical discussion.

Our "high" 50 seat rates are not that high compared to the rest of the industry. Due to our stagnant contract now most 50 seat operators have higher pay than us.

The ball is in the company's court because the last time we had mediated negotiations, ALPA presented the last proposal. The company now must respond to the proposal that we passed to them. If we were to amend our proposal we would be in effect negotiating against ourselves.

SuperKooter said:
What happened to all the talk about 95% or more that the alpaites kept raving about? Looks to me the vote turned out to be a failure.

Not sure why you are addressing this to me, but I never claimed a 95% pass rate. However, the pilot support has been thrown behind the Negotiating Committee, should they deem a strike necessary. Hopefully it won't come to that though. I'd hate to see you have to make the choice of whether to cross or not.

sweptback said:
You are wrong. Negotiations entail passing papers between the parties and the agreed upon terms have weight. This is just a glorified brainstorming session. There was no mediator present and nothing was TA'd or agreed to. It was more of a philosophical discussion.

Our "high" 50 seat rates are not that high compared to the rest of the industry. Due to our stagnant contract now most 50 seat operators have higher pay than us.

The ball is in the company's court because the last time we had mediated negotiations, ALPA presented the last proposal. The company now must respond to the proposal that we passed to them. If we were to amend our proposal we would be in effect negotiating against ourselves.

Suppostions/Negotiations, I don't care what you want to call, just get the dam!ed thing done. Are you saying our 50 seat rates that we are asking for are realistic? They higher than most 70 seat rates. Why did a P2P tell me our 50 seat rates were our opening position? How do our current proposed rates compare to what our opening rates were?

ASADriver said:
Sounds like negotiations to me. You said:

Yes and for the last 2 weeks they have been metting with the company and talking supposals in order to get this done.

First, aren't you the one who was correcting spelling on another thread? It is meeting, not metting.

Second, why can't we say we are negotiating? What the hell is the difference between "supposals" and "proposals". I'm tired of the BS.

Wasn't talking about spelling in the other thread was I? I was talking about GRAMMAR. People that say b*tching is unprofessional and yet they don't know the difference between there and their and you're and your or how to use them in a sentence.

I also said that I was far from perfect and am not immune from mistyping.

You wanna argue about calling it negotiating or not? Fine, they are negotiating. Happy now?

GO AROUND said:
Wasn't talking about spelling in the other thread was I? I was talking about GRAMMAR. People that say b*tching is unprofessional and yet they don't know the difference between there and their and you're and your or how to use them in a sentence.

You wanna argue about calling it negotiating or not? Fine, they are negotiating. Happy now?

:rolleyes:Go Around, don't worry about justifying yourself to Driver. He is just bored of sitting in his office and is just trying to stir up some SH!T. When we get our NEW contract, he will be one of the first complaining about something...I'm Sure!!

GO AROUND said:

Talk about a cop out. Spelling and Grammar are important, but everyone makes mistakes. You think maybe people might mistype the proper use of "there" and "their" and "they're". I know the difference and I have mistyped those words. You have to admit that some of the diehard shut the place down types on here are unprofessional. It's not THEIR grammar, or spelling that makes them unprofessional, it's THEIR comments.

ASADriver said:
Talk about a cop out. Spelling and Grammar are important, but everyone makes mistakes. You think maybe people might mistype the proper use of "there" and "their" and "they're". I know the difference and I have mistyped those words. You have to admit that some of the diehard shut the place down types on here are unprofessional. It's not THEIR grammar, or spelling that makes them unprofessional, it's THEIR comments.

:rolleyes:Okay, so NOW you are saying that "the Die Hards" are a Bad thing!! I believe that you will be happy for those of us...DIE HARDS when we have a NEW CONTRACT!! Only time will tell and mgmnt BETTER get THEIR SH!T together SOON!!! You HEAR that JA?

OK, now what?

The strike results are in. Far worse than the '97 results. Almost 25% either didn't vote, or voted no. We remain parked, and ALPA says the next move must be made by management.

What happens if management doesn't make another move and simply starts transferring assets to SKYW? What does ALPA do? What is ALPA's next move if we remain parked?

JoeMerchant said:
OK, now what?

The strike results are in. Far worse than the '97 results. Almost 25% either didn't vote, or voted no. We remain parked, and ALPA says the next move must be made by management.

What happens if management doesn't make another move and simply starts transferring assets to SKYW? What does ALPA do? What is ALPA's next move if we remain parked?

Far worse? Are you management now, oh wait your chick tried that and It didn't work out so well, 25%, thought it was more like 15%, and even that number is skewed, want proof, I recieved a strike ballot and I no longer work for ASA. So I guess i am in that 15%. It was 98% last time, I was there, with a little over 700 pilots, now it is 93% with double the pilot group, I would say that is pretty good, I know you are gonna turn this into ALPA bashing, CAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO, WHY DON'T YOU EXPEND SOME ENERGY IN TRYING TO SOLVE THE CURRENT PROBLEMS, OH WAIT YOU PUNKED OUT AND VOTED NO BECAUSE YOU WERE PISSED AT ALPA. Unite and Fight. Get what you guys deserve. Don't be a punk bitch

jehtplane said:
Far worse? Are you management now, oh wait your chick tried that and It didn't work out so well, 25%, thought it was more like 15%, and even that number is skewed, want proof, I recieved a strike ballot and I no longer work for ASA. So I guess i am in that 15%. It was 98% last time, I was there, with a little over 700 pilots, now it is 93% with double the pilot group, I would say that is pretty good, I know you are gonna turn this into ALPA bashing, CAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO, WHY DON'T YOU EXPEND SOME ENERGY IN TRYING TO SOLVE THE CURRENT PROBLEMS, OH WAIT YOU PUNKED OUT AND VOTED NO BECAUSE YOU WERE PISSED AT ALPA. Unite and Fight. Get what you guys deserve. Don't be a punk bitch

Unite and Fight? OK, maybe if ALPA decides it wants to unite, that might work. However in case you haven't noticed, ALPA has no interest in uniting groups that compete under each brand. If ALPA wants to come up with a unified "brand scope" or "inclusive scope", then I will fight. Without that, it is a lost cause.

Why are you still worried about this? You have moved on to "greener pastures".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back