• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sked+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, Dan-that was really what I was getting at..I figured we would have the same type of system as skywest, but it is pretty easy for us to do now using flica. Thanks for the info.

I can't say for sure how it will be for you at ASA but that is a pain in the butt issue here at Skywest. In order to swap reserve days we have to call and beg crew scheduling. Yesterday they told me they wouldn't help me swap reserve days because we are over staffed for September and therefore there isn't "a Need" for them to make a change. WTF, I would think that if there was extra coverage they would be more likely to help out a reserve pilot improve their QOL. Then they told me I should send out a blanket email to the other pilots in my domicile asking if they will swap reserve days with me (we don't have reserve transparency so we don't know who else is on reserve or what their schedule looks like). That seems ridiculous to me. I think what is really going on is they want us to use our vacation and user time for this instead of helping us out.

I agree 100% with Dan, reserve rules suck here at skywest. Do you guys have reserve transparency at ASA? Big issue right now here, getting called out of seriority and junk like that. worst reserve rules and system ever!

I agree 100% with Dan, reserve rules suck here at skywest. Do you guys have reserve transparency at ASA? Big issue right now here, getting called out of seriority and junk like that. worst reserve rules and system ever!

Yep, our CONTRACT REQUIRES transparency.

We do have issues with it but we at least have somthing in writing that we can hold them to.

Medeco

Sked+ is great for lineholders, not for reserves.

Newsflash! your seniority, or lack thereof, dictates how swell your job is. welcome to the airlines.

Sked+ is great for lineholders, not for reserves.

Newsflash! your seniority, or lack thereof, dictates how swell your job is. welcome to the airlines.

Oh come on now SkyNation, that was a lame statement and you usually do better than that.

There is no reason why things couldn't be a little better for reserves. It seems to me that Sked+ could easily be set up to allow a reserve pilot to swap their reserve days around provided there is a minimum level of coverage.

I just tried to swap off days and was told by the NO man in scheduling that because they are overstaffed it does not benefit them to help me. I will definetly be remembering this when they are understaffed and need my help. They will be getting a BIG FAT NO! I think scheduling has an extremely poor attitude right now and it is not going to get any better until AS is either removed from her position or someone high up sees how she is abusing her power and repremands her. I used to have the attitude I would be happy to scratch your back as long as you scratch mine later. Their attitude is you scratch my back always and I will just kick you where it counts later. Dixie College finest.

There is no reason why things couldn't be a little better for reserves. It seems to me that Sked+ could easily be set up to allow a reserve pilot to swap their reserve days around provided there is a minimum level of coverage.

agreed

I just tried to swap off days and was told by the NO man in scheduling that because they are overstaffed it does not benefit them to help me. I will definetly be remembering this when they are understaffed and need my help. They will be getting a BIG FAT NO! I think scheduling has an extremely poor attitude right now and it is not going to get any better until AS is either removed from her position or someone high up sees how she is abusing her power and repremands her. I used to have the attitude I would be happy to scratch your back as long as you scratch mine later. Their attitude is you scratch my back always and I will just kick you where it counts later. Dixie College finest.

I suspect that there is a strategy behind their unyielding and unhelpful response. It probably helps their numbers look better if we are forced to use vacation and user time to just take the day off instead of swapping it for another day during the month. If this is in fact the case I still don't think it is a good strategy on their part because they lose more than they gain in the "good will" department. Then again they may feel that when the time comes where they need to ask the reserve pilots to help them out we will have had more growth to put us in that situation and there will be a whole new group of new hire reserves in place to help them out.

Latest resources

Back