• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sessions Brief 06/29/07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the mediator has asked each side to stay quiet becuase they may have intentions of getting back together very soon.

Obviously the gap has closed but the union could not agree to the companies BS.

JP,

You paint a grim picture, but if we get a release, do you think the CNC will agree to a contract that does not hold SKYWEST INC. to real scope?

No, we heard in the LEC meeting, that we will not have a TA'd contract without scope. In other words without section 1 the whole thing is worthless.

JP, What is your solution? Instead of telling us the last four years has been fruitless, why dont you and JB spell out the exact solution to our 4.5yr problem?

The MEC and CNC, said that plan B is in the works and a real possibility if things do not come to a head real soon. Plan B, was very vauge but it was said it would be untested waters.

This CNC/MEC is just as frustrated as the next person and they voiced this at the meeting. Bottom line, is we are stuck in the RLA/NMB game and they must show a willingness to play, and they assured us they were.

They are also obligated to carry out the wishes of this pilot group, and contrary to two or three or ten of the same nay sayers beating a dead horse of the "silent majority", the pilot group wants this done, and they want a fair contract that Skywest Inc can certainly afford and still compete.

Stop blaming the people working for your benefit, and start being a part of the solution.

As said on another thread, IT is time for ALL ASA PILOTS to UNITE and come together as a collective voice.

Medeco

If nothing comes out of this, I will fly "extremely" by the book until I leave this place. I'm never using my cell phone for anything. That should delay maintenance issues by 20 minutes..No more calling for the fuel trucks, calling for the release. Oh this is going to be fun.. Who's with me?

If every Captain did this, there will be memo galore from SH and CT. I'd be first in line to say, "I"m following company procedures, why do you ask??"

If nothing comes out of this, I will fly "extremely" by the book until I leave this place. I'm never using my cell phone for anything. That should delay maintenance issues by 20 minutes..No more calling for the fuel trucks, calling for the release. Oh this is going to be fun.. Who's with me?

If every Captain did this, there will be memo galore from SH and CT. I'd be first in line to say, "I"m following company procedures, why do you ask??"

I will keep doing this. I'm with you....c'mon guys/gals, UNITED WE STAND!!!:cool:

If we get a release, Jerry will give us everything we're asking for.

Then when the reward and retire game heats up, we'll see ASA shrink into non-existence while our 50s are retired and 70/90s come on line at Skywest.

But burn it down! 100% retro! Yeah!

Yeah right!:rolleyes: Skywst can barely staff their own airline...let alone our 160 plus airplanes! Stop the "...SKY IS FALLING CRAP...." it is getting old!

I think the mediator has asked each side to stay quiet becuase they may have intentions of getting back together very soon.

JP,

You paint a grim picture, but if we get a release, do you think the CNC will agree to a contract that does not hold SKYWEST INC. to real scope?

No, we heard in the LEC meeting, that we will not have a TA'd contract without scope. In other words without section 1 the whole thing is worthless.

JP, What is your solution? Instead of telling us the last four years has been fruitless, why dont you and JB spell out the exact solution to our 4.5yr problem?

The MEC and CNC, said that plan B is in the works and a real possibility if things do not come to a head real soon. Plan B, was very vauge but it was said it would be untested waters.

This CNC/MEC is just as frustrated as the next person and they voiced this at the meeting. Bottom line, is we are stuck in the RLA/NMB game and they must show a willingness to play, and they assured us they were.

They are also obligated to carry out the wishes of this pilot group, and contrary to two or three or ten of the same nay sayers beating a dead horse of the "silent majority", the pilot group wants this done, and they want a fair contract that Skywest Inc can certainly afford and still compete.

Stop blaming the people working for your benefit, and start being a part of the solution.

As said on another thread, IT is time for ALL ASA PILOTS to UNITE and come together as a collective voice.

Medeco

I've said my vision many times. Search around and you'll find it. I'm not advocating caving, just getting real with our demands and not driving a strike out of spite or punishment.

So are they still meeting or did they all go home? Why NO info? They havent even said what happens next or if they are still meeting. Anyone talk to any union types lately?

So are they still meeting or did they all go home? Why NO info? They havent even said what happens next or if they are still meeting. Anyone talk to any union types lately?
Why not call Newi and ask?

Better yet, call the mediator and let us know what he says.

Medeco

JP,

Medeco

I agree totally Medeco. I respect the opinions of those who want to settle at all cost, but we can't forget that the next contract we sign will probably not be until at least 2015. We need to make sure that we have some pay rate increases locked in for the next 8 + years we will have this contract. I am sure the leap frog game will begin as soon as we sign.
I also don't have a problem with some of our pay being contingent on Skywest INC. profit(not ASA).
This Performance Plus crap is not worth the delay code it is written on.

I agree totally Medeco. I respect the opinions of those who want to settle at all cost, but we can't forget that the next contract we sign will probably not be until at least 2015. We need to make sure that we have some pay rate increases locked in for the next 8 + years we will have this contract. I am sure the leap frog game will begin as soon as we sign.
I also don't have a problem with some of our pay being contingent on Skywest INC. profit(not ASA).
This Performance Plus crap is not worth the delay code it is written on.

According to the CNC Chairman, any pay increases will only be locked in for the duration of the contract (3 years). To lock in raises until the next contract is signed (like Mesaba achieved) was never on the table. You'll have to ask them why.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back