• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sessions Brief 06/29/07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many are doing their part and leaving this place. I think replacing pilots in the future will only get harder. But then again I think this is what ASA wants so they can execute a bigger plan later.

tomct - can you try to take less pleasure in the potential for us to be out of a job. attempt to a) not call someone a name for having a less than hatred for asa b) leave burn it down out of every reply c) keep it above the waist and informed

im very disapointed also - but dont understand why the nmb would ask for no details to be leaked when the sessions are over?

Hey, we have all been doing OUR JOBS except for the company. They continue to stretch this out and treat us like crap....time to return the favor. News flash for you...we will NOT be out of a job. Nobody can staff their own airlines, let alone take over ours. We still have a leg to stand on...GIVE US THE RELEASE!! The contract will be "miraculously" signed in the 11th hr and things will continue on as usual. No flying will be transfered and growth will continue so that you can STAY here for your retirement!:rolleyes:

Hey, we have all been doing OUR JOBS except for the company. They continue to stretch this out and treat us like crap....time to return the favor. News flash for you...we will NOT be out of a job. Nobody can staff their own airlines, let alone take over ours. We still have a leg to stand on...GIVE US THE RELEASE!! The contract will be "miraculously" signed in the 11th hr and things will continue on as usual. No flying will be transfered and growth will continue so that you can STAY here for your retirement!:rolleyes:

You're 100% correct. If we get a release, Jerry will give us everything we're asking for.

Then when the reward and retire game heats up, we'll see ASA shrink into non-existence while our 50s are retired and 70/90s come on line at Skywest.

But burn it down! 100% retro! Yeah!

You're 100% correct. If we get a release, Jerry will give us everything we're asking for.

Then when the reward and retire game heats up, we'll see ASA shrink into non-existence while our 50s are retired and 70/90s come on line at Skywest.

But burn it down! 100% retro! Yeah!

Let's not forget that despite what MGMT tells us, our pilot cost are only one part of the equation. I really doubt that they would shut us down solely based on our contract. It wouldn't be smart to destroy such a profitable airline.

So why can't they give details on the secessions... have they done this in the past? What can we read into this... good or bad?

How did we get such good partisipation on the last contract's 100% MTC safety program? Guess we r just a different group of pilots these days... too many new guys...

Let's not forget that despite what MGMT tells us, our pilot cost are only one part of the equation. I really doubt that they would shut us down solely based on our contract. It wouldn't be smart to destroy such a profitable airline.

ASAFLY2- you are absolutely correct. Our pilot costs are only one part of the equation, but when every thing else regarding ASA is in line with SkyWest Airlines, our pilot contract becomes the decisive factor. Our airplanes aren't magical- they produce the profit margin they do because of the contract we have with Delta- SkyWest Airlines would produce the same profit margin with different aircraft. I'd have to argue that the pilot contract, albeit a small factor, would have an impact on who flies for Delta out of Atlanta. Right now, SkyWest is getting the biggest bang for the buck with SkyWest flying 900's out of Atlanta for their given pay scales. In synopsis, the profit is in the contract with Delta, and not with who flies the routes.

frapper, asarjman and all,

I think I've covered in very great depth why "line actions" won't work in a previous thread. Even www. himself acknowledge that the pilots can't cause a meltdown. He never answered back in regards to picking up open time at premium pay though.

Go back and read it. Logic is very definitive on why it either won't work or it's illegal. (court action against ALPA and the pilot group...not to mention firings where ALPA CAN'T get your job back).

Are you still spewing this crap? We all know you won't do anything to rock the boat, but the rest of us can. Let the fun begin!

Does anyone know exactly what progress was made?

This is the question of the week. Why is it the mediator wants to keep the details of the last two days confidential. A union rep was is the CPO this afternoon and could only say that movement was made and to keep patient. I can only hope that a proffer is on the way. W/o that I don't see a deal any time soon.

An "information blackout" is typical of end-game talks in Section 6 negotiations. Take a look back at some of the newsletters your SPC sent out over the past couple of years. I believe they included a discussion of that possibility in one of the articles. Can't know for sure, but I suspect you will either have a TA or a release within the next few months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back