ASA - Self Help / Grievance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
6 hours of credit?

I asked one of our new Reps about this. He said there was abuse of the old ALPA leave policy by some full-timers. They were raking in 105 hrs a month guaranteed without showing up for work. It was changed to 6 hours a day to give those full timers incentive to go to work. Comparing that to a line pilot....4 days/week for 4 weeks = 96 hrs a month

Seems like a better system to me. More accountability.

6 hrs a day. I think you have your answer why the union shoved PBS down our throat like a cheesy used car salesman on the last day of a sale trying to win a prize! Even the new guys coming in that were on the fence but saying they were against it for the most part flipped after they got voted in and attended a few internal meetings. And then like a Mafia clan that take care of their own vote in the same regime as before after the pilot group made it quit clear that they wanted a change in leadership. I can't believe I am saying this but after the last contract and the "signing Bonus fiasco", the PBS crap and the fact that the union seems to back the company now not the pilot group (just look at the red arrows and reserve abuse) if Skywest offered any bone at all to vote out Alpa I see no reason not to.

When you need ALPA med or legal assistance, or you need to refuse an illegal trip you'll find ALPA is necessary. Also, I have no doubt that things here would go back to the way they used to be if we didn't have representation.

I take exception to some of the things our reps have done, but they do deserve to get paid for the work they do, just like anyone else. I can't figure out how our society got to the point where everyone feels like they should get something for nothing, and no one else deserves to get paid for what they do.

Last edited:
As long as they're senior to me, I don't mind... In fact, knock yourself out. IP's flying FO lines, on the other hand, I do have a problem with. Throw in the fact that they get paid CR7 captain pay no matter what they're on, and it makes it worse. But that's the contract!! ... (*queef sound*)

Latest resources

Back