• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA scheduling cost savings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gee my cell won't work for asa #s wonder why, i'm hungary be there in 30' gotta eat ya know nourisment and all dat, oh oh sumptin broke better call mtc, need lav & a bug wipe ca't push w/o them so sorry, oh.......thanks for all YOU do! :bomb:

You have not read it huh? Below 75 you get 50% on top of your 75.

So, what if the extension nets you less than min day credit? Do you get paid the 'actual or scheduled flight pay hours' at 150% or the min day value at 150%?

Man! Gas is really expensive now! I hope nobody forgets to shut down the APU or to shut an engine down on a long taxi or ground hold. Then again, it's hard to remember stuff when you slept 5 hours on a RR overnight in the midst of a 5 leg day!

Try to stay focused!

You do know that ASA doesn't pay for the fuel, right?

Oh, and you're going to try to get more money in negotiations how...by costing more? WTF?

So, what if the extension nets you less than min day credit? Do you get paid the 'actual or scheduled flight pay hours' at 150% or the min day value at 150%?

If you get extended, let's say for a 2 hour round trip. You get the 2 hours credit, plus 50% on top of that (1 hour). So your net gain is 3 hours pay. So if you had 80 hours, you are now at 83 hours (2+1).

If you were blocked at 68 hours, you get the 2 hours credit, which now puts you at 70 hours, plus 50% on top of 75. So your net gain is 1 hour. 75 hours +1 gives you 76 hours.

If you had 1 hour of flying on your last day, you will only get paid 4 hours (1+3) total. Since min is 3.87, you would only gain .13 hours for a 2 hour extention. 150% is based on the block that you were extended

Last edited:
Oh, and you're going to try to get more money in negotiations how...by costing more? WTF?

Unfortunately, that seems to be one of the few things that gets you guys' attention.

Ok. I see. That's pretty nice that you regularly only have to work 64 hours and get paid the extra 11 hours, though at XJT you get add-pay for any pickups so if you are below MMG you still get full pay for any pickups.

No, sir. It's not nice. Everyone is working the same, if not an hour or two more in March to make 15 hours less of pay. It's not "pretty nice". It's a paycut. Like I told everyone PBS would offer.

That is evading the question. Why would this not have happened if PBS wasn't voted it?

Have you read this?
http://asamec.alpa.org/portals/32/publiccontent/documents/loa11.pdf

This is all we have against them in the grievance:
"The Company and the PWG will consider pilot quality of life and
operational efficiency when constructing trip(s) and performing bid run
solutions."

How do you grieve something as subjective as quality of life? Answer... Not very well.

ASA..Boom. Win. Charlie Sheen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back