• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA scheduling cost savings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is past time to sharpen the pitchforks. I'm at 101 hours on reserve.

No, it is not nice to work the same number of days and earn 20 hours less pay.

Yep-

And PBS was "just a different way of bidding." Vast QOL improvements abound!

-Remember that load?

(Of course, once block hours go up in the summer, we will get to explore the other end of this "just another way of bidding" spectrum.) Sometimes folks just have to let a snake bite them in the ass before they really understand how it could turn out badly.

Last edited:
So...if you only have a 67 hr line...why would you ever accept/tolerate being extended? The first 8 hrs of extensions will be for free.

Who would do that?

So...if you only have a 67 hr line...why would you ever accept/tolerate being extended? The first 8 hrs of extensions will be for free.

Who would do that?
Get ready to be "enhanced!"

Last edited:
Are those unproductive pairings as a result of PBS? or were they always like that?

I'm not with ASA, but for perspective, PBS does not generate pairings. PBS is simply a tool to award pre-built pairings to pilots.

If you have crappy pairings, it's because your pairing generation process sucks, not because you have Hardline bidding or PBS.

The only way to not tolerate being extended is fatigue or sickness. Jnr manning, just don't answer your phone.

I don't know that I agree with that. If, as a result of your crap schedule, you're below guarantee and won't get the premium pay for the extension...then the extension is illegal and not contractual.

I know without perfect clarity and the assurance that I AM going to credit 150% for the extension, I wouldn't accept it.

To do so would be insane.

At that point, we'd be working 4 5-day trips a month for MMG. There's no way I'm doing that!

I don't know that I agree with that. If, as a result of your crap schedule, you're below guarantee and won't get the premium pay for the extension...then the extension is illegal and not contractual.

I know without perfect clarity and the assurance that I AM going to credit 150% for the extension, I wouldn't accept it.

To do so would be insane.

At that point, we'd be working 4 5-day trips a month for MMG. There's no way I'm doing that!

And how would you explain it to the chief pilot to get out of flying the extension?

And how would you explain it to the chief pilot to get out of flying the extension?

The contract says if I do this, I get 150% pay...but they aren't paying me 150%...so I'm not doing it.

That's how.

You want me to accept assignments? Great, make the assignments within the bounds of the contract.

Latest resources

Back