• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

asa reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they dont know nor can they factor your commuting into an assignment. and scheduling doesnt chose to make you taxi planes, thats delta and occ. calling at 4am is extreme, but everything else you mention is fair.

so nothing illegal, you're just mad they made you work. at least they are following the contract, that in itself is refreshing. it's the holidays, crappy weather and probably a bunch of sick calls. so sorry you had to work or they didnt call you captain on the phone.

cant tell you how many reserves i fly with that complain they never fly, then complain when they are given a trip they think wasnt in bucket order, or get mad when their nap reserve gets converted to a day assignment.

some people will complain about anything. scheduling is light years better than it ever was, that is a thankless job and they get nothing but crap from the majority of our peers.

I agree-overall.....

At least they are not actively working to screw us daily! That ND idiot they named the plane after was the world's worst as far as that goes!

What a horrible pile of monkey dung that man was!!! He actively tried to screw the pilot group every possible way-day inand day out-then would come into recurrent and act like he was everyone's best bud!

They are light years ahead of when that moron was in charge. Thankfully, he no longer the head of terrorism at the company.

Even the folks in scheduling will admit there are some significant issues with the bucket system. There is an active effort to straighten this out between the company and the union. Believe it or not BH does give a sh1t about this. While some will try and demonize him, he does see the problem and is looking to ways to make this thing more transparent.

the new reserve system is light years ahead of the old and scheduling has more to work with than they ever have with our current staffing levels, but how many people got extended the last couple days? On the 30th and the 1st their is a skeleton crew for reserve. several days in the month of dec there are no nap res pilots. their low pay and low company value might contribute to their inability to run the show. All I am saying is they have 100 res cpt on the 50 and still cant cover certain days properly. With that much flexibility in staffing res should be cake.

With only 100 reserve captains how can you possibly expect them to have coverage???? I mean just imagine how terrible life must be for all those line holders out there. How dare you complain about reserve!!!! Oh, so you've been on reserve for 1.5 years, boo hoo, all these other guys were on reserve for six months, but it was alot harder!!!! Stop complaining you Wussy!!!

New reserve rocks

The new reserve system rocks in my opinion. With the new system you have a pretty good idea if you are going to get called unlike the last system. So if you had 6-7 people infront of you within your bucket on the same call period for your 5 day stretch of reserve you could have stayed home for Thanksgiving instead of sitting in a crashpad. So I've been told......

There's enough transparency in the system that if you get screwed, you deserve it for not being familiar with the contract. I can't believe there is actually a thread about scheduling working up to (and within) their limitations. This, coming from somebody that has probably been screwed more by scheduling this last week than anybody.

-Brett (Timed out at outstation on 6th day)

I just don't see how it can be so hard to get it right as far as scheduling people within a bucket. Even us dumb pilots can figure it out. It seems like nearly every assignment I get is given out of order; I call them out on it, they take it away, then I get short called for ready reserve.

the new reserve system is light years ahead of the old and scheduling has more to work with than they ever have with our current staffing levels, but how many people got extended the last couple days? On the 30th and the 1st their is a skeleton crew for reserve. several days in the month of dec there are no nap res pilots. their low pay and low company value might contribute to their inability to run the show. All I am saying is they have 100 res cpt on the 50 and still cant cover certain days properly. With that much flexibility in staffing res should be cake.

Scheduling is probably more complicated than you're letting on.

Give David Blodgett a call if you have some insights. Better yet, I am positive that if you offered to sit in with the schedulers and see how things work, they would take you up on it.

It is really easy to throw crap on someone else when you haven't been in their shoes...

Latest resources

Back