ASA Reserve Crisis???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must not be ORD based ;-)

In July, I had three days off rolled, 23 duty periods/days "worked", didn't even break 75 hours in the logbook.

Every month since then, I've worked almost every day on reserve and haven't come close to breaking guaranty.

Of course, YMMV.

I'm as ORD based as they come.

I stand corrected, every CA I fly with is getting abused by crappy junior lines or reserve.

Honestly, I was hoping all the SKYW guys were wrong about BH.

Looks like they were correct. He just drives stuff into the ground, but he just has enough class to put a big ass smiley-face sticker on the tailgate before he leaves the driveway.

It is really a shame. I thought things were going to go better. We thought we finally had mgmt. who looked like they gave a rat. The only thing they really give a rat about is getting ALPA to go along with stripping away every last vestige of QOL, one little bit at a time.

(BTW-BH and CT have done a simply SPECTACULAR job at getting our ALPA guys to knuckle-under in grand style.)

-Oh well.

PBR called it a few years ago. He has been 100% right so far.

MGMT plays chess while we keep yelling "KING ME!"

Have you seen the extension tool yet? Silly. I guesss they know we are going to be really short staffed again this summer! Instead of hiring more people they make some ridiculous piece of software that will give us an idea of when we wre going to be extended; yea that makes it ok.

Last edited:
We need a green slip system like Delta. Regular lineholders can pick up reserve days. If they get used, I think it is at 150% or something like that.

We have that now. Just call scheduling and volunteer yourself. If they call you and you answer you get assigned the trip @ 150%. if the block is less that 2.75 or something you don't have to accept it because even with the time and a half it would be less than the min day. So basically the LOA is written to make sure that a line holder will get min day or better if he or she helps the company out.

Any idea when we might see this vacancy bid? There is a new-hire class starting on Monday. Maybe next week?

This sounds like a common theme at all of the delta regionals. We are way short on Captains and fat on FO's at Comair but yet our ready reserves are getting tagged with covering Pinnacle flights out of DTW in the past few months. This has been going on alot lately.

So who is staffing who? They should just let us Comair pilots freelance for all the delta regionals to plug up all the holes. In about a year we will have 500+ pilots sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting on our 200's to be turned to beer cans.

Who knows, but with the possibility of a CR7/9 base in DTW coming online I guess anything is possible.

That's what I'm hearing. They wanna wait till they get the DTW thing figured out since it's gonna be a 700 base. Be interesting to see how senior/junior a 700 dtw base would go....

Latest resources

Back