Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jstyle13

Reserve for life!
So far through FEB on the 700 Capt side we have run out of reserve's (at least on the reserve list) every day. As of now, we don't have anyone available till Monday (think anyone's gonna call in sick this weekend for the Super Bowl????). I don't know about any of the other seats but this is crazy. They've gotta be extending line holders. I thought with PBS getting here, reserve life was going to get a little easier/slower. Boy was I wrong.

I was close to a line this month for the first time in 4 years and am hoping to get one in March when the block hours go up. But now im afraid they are going to have to go back +30% reserve coverage. Doesn't seem like our old line system was the problem, seems to be a staffing/scheduling issue still.

I don't know why they are dragging a$$ on the vacancy award. WE need some more captains ASAP. And even if they do put one out soon, guys won't be online till mid-spring. Gonna be an interesting spring......

They are idiots.
There will be a memo out around May about how they got caught by surprise and we just need to stick it out.

Said it before and will say it again, last summer was just a taste of how bad this summer will be if they don't hire a lot... soon...

This happens everywhere. You work at a regional.

I am so sick of this attitude. Just because your ********************ty regional has staffing issues doesn't mean mine should. If my paychecks begin to bounce are you gonna say "what do you expect, you work at a regional....get over it"?

THIS is a new phenomenon at ASA. Since I'VE been here mgmt has never been as short sighted about staffing as they seem to be now. No doubt to compete with crappier regionals than us.

However, I fear this may be the new ASA, so congratulations to ALL of us for lowering the collective QOL bar.

Don't you think it makes more sense to WANT OTHER regionals to do well? To give their employees great flight benefits, stock grants and cheap health care? Where does this attitude come from? Is this a result of watching too much Jerry springer?

So, here's to you and YOUR company, I hope you get a 20'% raise, 2 more weeks of vacation and free health insurance. Or am I not doing it right? Am I supposed to revell in your misery and tell you welcome to the club?

We are our own worst enemy

Then grow a pair and lead the way my friend. I am moving on. I have found that is my only option.
PS you work for a sh@tty regional too.

Then grow a pair and lead the way my friend. I am moving on. I have found that is my only option.
PS you work for a sh@tty regional too.

Let me guess, 1000hrs PIC and your outta there, right? great plan. Never thought of that.

Are you a senior at Riddle?

Latest resources

Back