• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Reserve Crisis???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. Just a guy who understands your postion. It sucks man. All you can do is your part. Keep the faith and move on.

I don't know why people are so surprised by this, this is the regional business model. Minimum staffing for maximum flying with lowest overall costs...and we aren't even that competitive. I have 20 different suggestions that could save this company money and headache (who doesn't for that matter), but none of them will ever see the light of day. I show up, do my thing, some days I make the effort to get things going, other days, I let the system 'work'. I have zero stress and then I go home.

The only gripe I have about this is that we used bargaining capital to get profit sharing that is based on other people's ability to do their job. We don't have any control when it comes to how they staff and run the airline yet we 'gave up' something to get profit sharing and when our/their performance suffers, due to 'the regional business model', it's money out of our pockets. Want to change this? In the next contract let them have their profit sharing back and give me a corresponding increase in pay rate so that, no matter what happens with their ********************ty, understaffed model, I get paid for it.

Last edited:
I don't know why people are so surprised by this, this is the regional business model. Minimum staffing for maximum flying with lowest overall costs...and we aren't even that competitive. I have 20 different suggestions that could save this company money and headache (who doesn't for that matter), but none of them will ever see the light of day. I show up, do my thing, some days I make the effort to get things going, other days, I let the system 'work'.

Data, I'm with you brother!

Day 1, 2, and 3 let the system work. Day 4 make an effort.

If they were smart (I know better) they would have more naps. Naps may leave late but they always show up on time back in ATL.

More day lines. Day lines always run on time.

Back to back two days same reason.

Crews always want to go home on time.

Management doesn't get it

Like I said before, if they offer 200% for all opentime pickups and voluntary extensions, all this whining and fatigue talk will go away quickly like it did last summer.

Same ol stuff. it's been going on for well over a year

Yet we reward mgmt's incompetence by continually handing them all their hopes and dreams on a silver platter.

-May as well take my 2% and wipe my butt with it.

Here we go...

Email to CR7 Capt's from Scheduling:

"We have a CR7 CA trip open for Sunday February 6th..... Pay for this trip will be 150%."

this was assigned to a res as of tonight but I guess he/she called in sick. And of course there's no one availible to cover it. I guess the line holders are gonna $$ in again this month because I have a feeling this will happen several more times. Gotta love it....

Latest resources

Back